jotapa
Hi TheBrain team,
this must be a known bug, but because I don't see it reported anywhere, I decided to create the post.

When I start TB 9.00.85, I am able to create notes attached to a Thought:

2016-04-04 18_02_14-Posting New Topic - TheBrain Forums.png 
If I resize or move the notes box, it stops working. I can type but the new text is not shown, although the number of words changes - meaning it is registering text, simply not updating the screen.
2016-04-04 18_07_33-Posting New Topic - TheBrain Forums.png 
As you can see on the top right, the notes box now has 47 words, but it still shows what I had before - only 7 words. That's because I kept typing but it does not update the text. If I move to another thought and go back again to the previous one, the text is there.
2016-04-04 18_14_34-Posting New Topic - TheBrain Forums.png 
This is a show-stopper for me - I can't use the product.

Some additional information: I am running Windows 10 with Insider Preview releases on the fast ring - Window Buils 14295. Not sure if this is relevant.

Looking forward to seeing this fixed in a coming release.

Regards,
Joao Tapadinhas
pthompson
Joao,

Does this happen in every Brain on every Thought? I have tried replicating this multiple times in many different Brains and do not see any issue like this. Anyone else seeing this issue?
jotapa
The first test was with an old Brain that was imported but I just created a new brain on version 9.0.85 and got the same problem. It happens on every new thought or new brain.

Some additional inputs:

- The notes box works if I work with the software window maximized and don't move/resize the notes - meaning, don't press the small arrows to make it move to the right of the screen or to make it bigger.

- If I change the software window size (deactivate maximize in Windows 10, for example), or inside the tool move the notes around - to the right or bigger clicking the small arrows, it will behave as described before.

When I go back to TheBrain maximized in Windows and the notes on the default lower position, everything works again.

---------------------------------------

In version 8 there was a way to activate a log - a command in the search box (can't remember it anymore). Will that provide any additional information to help you deal with this bug?

I work in the software industry - glad to provide the feedback you need to solve this. Just let me know what you want me to test or what information you need.

Thanks,
Joao

pthompson
Joao,

I've tested on Mac and Win 10 multiple different ways and still can't replicate this but I will go ahead and still report what you mentioned. If you are referring to an output.log file. You can get to that by navigating to: Help > Open Log Directory in TheBrain 9. Feel free to send us that for review. Thanks.
perry
I couldn't replicate this on my Windows10 either.

But I did find some positioning issues at some sizes:
Screenshot - 5_04_2016 , 7_24_40 PM.png 
If it was a webpage I'd say the break points are wrong, as smaller fixes the positioning:
Screenshot - 5_04_2016 , 7_28_35 PM.png 

pthompson
Thanks perry. We'll do some more testing with this.
Harlan
The issue perry shows is a known problem. In windows when you resize the window quickly TB9 does not always get the latest positioning information. A small resize will fix this.

Joao's issue is very strange indeed. I have not seen it before. I would guess that it is somehow related to the unusual Windows build. If anyone else is seeing this or if anyone else is running the same version of Windows, please let us know. Joao, if you could post a video, that might give us a clue.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software