ScottyB
Whatever I type in the notes window started disappearing yesterday whenever I moused over a different thought.  I tried saving the notes before moving away, but they still disappear.

I'm using 5.5 on Vista.  Frankly, I'm not sure what version of Java I currently have.

Moe
Hi Scott,

Thank You for posting. Due to a problem in the latest release of Java (Java 6 update 22). If you have updated to this release and are running PB 5.5.2.4 or below or 6.0.5.0 or below, you will run into the problem you have described. Please update to the latest release of PB 5.5 (version 5.5.2.5) - download link: http://www.thebrain.com/products/personalbrain/download-old/ to resolve this issue. Please note that any notes that were accessed / modified while having 5.5.2.4 installed in conjunction with Java 6 update 22 will not be present after updating. If you have a backup copy of your Brain it is recommended that you replace the lost notes from your backup.

In order to further guard against this type of data loss in the future, we are working on a feature which will store prior versions of notes and other data so that even if you were to intentionally delete something you would be able to go back to a prior version.

Thanks
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software