roblumba Show full post »
fjgrijalva
Newly added notes disappear when the cursor moves into another thought. Also an old problem even with previous versions. 

TheBrain 7
java 30
Fernando
PB 6.0.7.9 Pro - Win 7 Pro
J-1.7.0
25,000+ Thoughts; 155,000+ Links
user since 2000
pthompson
Fernando,

When you create a note and hover over another Thought, the note for the Thought you are hovering over is displayed instead. Are you saying that as soon as you hover over any other Thought, the previous created note disappears on the Thought where the note was created?

The only common factor I can see in this issue is that most of the reports are coming from Windows XP users. I will test this on our end using a Windows XP machine to see if we can replicate this, however, any additional information you can share will help us to troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.

Regards,
fjgrijalva
Patrick,

Yes, as soon as I hover over any other Thought, the previous created or edited note disappears on the Thought where the note was created or edited.

Regards,

Fernando
Fernando
J-1.7.0
user since 2000
fjgrijalva
Patrick,

I have an update on the lost notes and links from my brain running on TB 7.

I opened the same brain in question and the notes and links were now present. Used for about 5 minutes and then the Notes section displayed this message, "EditLive! has encountered a problem and closed." BTY, this message has appeared several times since 6.xx.

I closed and relaunched TB 7 and everything is proper again, i.e., notes and links present and message gone.  Also new or edited text on a note is not disappearing after hovering over other thoughts. Confusing! It feels likes an AM signal that appears/disappears from your radio .

Regards,

Fernando
Fernando
J-1.7.0
user since 2000
pthompson
Fernando,

Did you previously have any other version of PersonalBrain installed before and during your installation of TheBrain 7? If so, are you sure that TheBrain 7 installed into a new directory and not over the same directory where PersonalBrain was previously installed? If you did install in the same directory as PersonalBrain, this might be causing some issues. 

Normally, un-installing and re-installing an application does little-to-nothing to resolve issues, however, in this case it might be beneficial to try this and also double-check to make sure you are using the latest version of Java (http://java.com/download)

Please check your (Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs) for any edition of PersonalBrain or TheBrain and un-install any that are available. After doing this, check your Program Files folder to make sure no PersonalBrain or TheBrain folders are left over after un-installation (if they exist, delete them.) Once this is done, try a fresh installation of TheBrain 7 and please let us know if you continue to run into any issues.

Regards,
JacquesH
I use a Macbook Pro and I recently upgraded from PB 6 to TB 7 and now I'm having the same problem. All notes I type disappear when the cursor moves out of the Notes window! The same thing happens in Windows under VMWare). I don't think this is funny at all. I've been using PB for many years and I have thousands of thoughts. I don't need this #%$%#&!

Please, I need a fix NOW!

Jacques
pthompson
Hello All,

If you are having this problem, please submit an output.log (after recreating the issue) for review at support.thebrain.com.

How to obtain your output.log file if you are using Windows 7 or Vista:

If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, right click the TheBrain icon in your start menu then select "Run as administrator", this will enable TheBrain to run as administrator for one session. Next, reproduce the problem then forward us a copy of your output.log file which can be found in the "Program Files\TheBrain" folder on your system.

How to obtain a copy of your output.log file if you are using Windows XP:

Simply run PersonalBrain then reproduce the problem. Next, close down PersonalBrain. You can find the output.log file in the "Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder.

How to obtain your output.log file if you are using a Mac:

If you go to PersonalBrain in the Applications Directory and select SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS in the Finder window, you can find the output.log file in the Contents > Resources > App folder.

How to obtain your output.log file on a Linux machine:

You will find your output.log file in your installation folder, the same folder which contains the file PersonalBrain.jar. You can use the locate command from the command line to find the output.log file, below I have listed the command.
locate output.log

Regards,
JacquesH
Output.log file submitted. I hope a fix is found soon.

Jacques
WickedPixie

Hi Personal Brain

Have you got any ideas with my problem of missing notes... after reinstall PB 4?

Should I start a new thread as it seems different from what most are discussingn here?

Please Advise.

thanks

Brian

Personal Brain 4.5.2.1
Windows XP 32 , SP3
Java 1.6.0.31
VBScript 5.8.23141
JacquesH
Still no solution to the disappearing notes problem in TB 7? I don't have the problem with PB 6. Perhaps I should ask for my money back because if I can't type notes then TB 7 is useless to me...
pthompson
Jacques seems to have found a solution to this for his Brain. There is no proof that this will work for everyone, however. We asked him to send us a copy of his Brain via a BrainZip and during the process of doing so his issue was solved. 

He decided to create a BrainZip and reopen it on his end. He created the BrainZip with file attachments and search index, closed the brain and opened the BrainZip. 

If you are having issue with notes disappearing, please try this method and report back if you are still having issue.

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software