pbnewbie
Hi - Running PB v5.5.2.4.

Before migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 I Brainzipped up all my Brains, copied them over to Win 7, reinstalled 5.5.2.4 and reopened them. Everything looks exactly as it did under Win XP (the Plex, etc. is fine) except that the Notes panels are blank!

Before Brainzipping I had also set the font, size and background of the Default Style in Notes. On clicking Notes - File - Set Default Style my original settings are still there, only no text displayed. Checking thru the lob.db files shows the data in the Notes is still there only it's not being displayed. I've updated to the latest Java version J-1.6.0_24. Tried Rebuilding Database but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

I've searched this forum and can't find a similar case. Thanks in advance.

Moe
Hi pbnewbie, Thank You for posting and welcome to the forum . Please update to the latest release of PB 5 (version 5.5.2.5 - download link) then re-extract your Brainzip (the one you created on your Windows XP machine) onto your Window 7 machine to gain access to your notes.

Previously there was an issue where updating to Java 6 update 22 or higher caused notes to not display and in some cases Brains to not load. This issue was brought upon by the Java update. We released PB 5.5.2.5 and PB 6.0.5.1 which caught this from occurring. Please note that if you open a Brain which you accessed while running into this issue (in version 5.5.2.4) in version 5.5.2.5, any Thoughts which you accessed/modified will no longer contain their notes. In that case, the best course of action would be to re-populate the lost notes from a backup of your Brain.

Thanks,
Moe
pbnewbie
Thanks Moe, that appears to be working. It can only be done by, as you say, opening a brainzip with the new version, not simply opening an unzipped brain with the new version. Some of my brains weren't brainzipped, so I'll have to return to my old machine running XP, brainzip them then port the zips across to the new machine running Windows 7.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software