mbaas
Here is a little snippet taken from another site that I wanted to paste into a thought.

function call_after_DOM_updated(fn)
{
intermediate = function () {window.requestAnimationFrame(fn)}
window.requestAnimationFrame(intermediate)
}

On the source site it looked like this:
25-09-_2019_19-01-01.png 

In my Brain (I also tried pasting into code, hoping this might change something):
25-09-_2019_19-05-26.png

So does the clip perhaps not contain linebreaks?
Let's paste the same snippet into VS Code:
25-09-_2019_19-07-03.png 
And even MS Word "received" it correctly. Evernote failed, Notion did it correctly.
ruudhein
  • Copy & paste of code doesn't format correct
  • If I paste the code with the code block code already on the clipboard it displays correct in the editor
  • I'm unable to type ``` for a code block: the editor removes them as I type them. It's not possible to make a ``` fenced code block
  • When you use the Code option from TheBrain it just puts a ` before and after the code. This is more like escaping than a code block
  • Typing four spaces does make something that looks like a code block but you cannot paste inside it (pasted code ends up under it)
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
mcaton
Michael,

Thank you for posting. I too am seeing some odd behavior when trying to paste in this content. I've shared this with my engineering team for further review.

Ruud, Not being able to type in the desired MarkDown settings (as specified earlier with the **bold** issue) is being tracked separately.

Matt
metta
Conversely, will we eventually have a way to copy the text out of the note editor as plain text?
> Currently a "plain text" cut and paste from the editor includes all the markdown formatting.

The only alternative I've found is to:
> export the entire note to HTML
> then copy the text from my browser display of the note and
> then paste this copied text either as is (with HTML formatting) or as plain text.
marcusyoung
Back tick is markdown for inline code, so it looks like the drop down 'code' style is for inline only.

ruudhein wrote:
  • Copy & paste of code doesn't format correct
  • If I paste the code with the code block code already on the clipboard it displays correct in the editor
  • I'm unable to type ``` for a code block: the editor removes them as I type them. It's not possible to make a ``` fenced code block
  • When you use the Code option from TheBrain it just puts a ` before and after the code. This is more like escaping than a code block
  • Typing four spaces does make something that looks like a code block but you cannot paste inside it (pasted code ends up under it)
Harlan
The issue with being unable to type ``` for a code block happens if system tags are hidden, which is a bug. When tags are shown (as they should be except for the bug that happens sometimes), typing the ``` for code fence followed by a blank line, then another code fence, then pasting the desired code into the created code area works as expected Pasted Code.png 
Regards,
-Harlan
obrugman
Experience: I copied half a page of Markdown-formatted text created in Ulysses and pasted it into a note field of TB11.  The result is neither text in Markdown formatting nor a text identical to the effects of the Markdown formatting in Ulysses. Not sure whether I should already expect a Markdown capability in TB11. With all these frequent changes it is almost impossible to know what to expect in TB.
Tools: The Brain | Evernote | DayOne | Ayoa | iMindMap | Omnigraffle | OmniOutliner | Ulysses | Scrivener |
ruudhein
So...you pasted the plain text markdown source or the rich results?

When I write basic Markdown in Typora and paste the plain text source into TB, I get the same rich results, looking identical as to how Typora shows it.

If I copy the rich result from Typora and paste it into TB it correctly adds Markdown formatting, with the end result again looking exactly the same.
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
mcaton
Olaf,

Thank you for posting. Would you be willing to share a copy of this file for further testing, so we can see specifically what works and what does not? As described on the alpha download page, TheBrain 11 uses an improved version of Markdown - meaning it may not be compatible with all other markdown editors.

Thank you,
Matt
obrugman
Dear Matt:
- 1st file: Markdown-formatted text in Ulysses
- 2nd file: Preview/rendering of Markdown-formatted text in Ulysses
- 3rd file: Rendering in TB11 note field of the copy-paste of the markdown-formatted text (of the first file) Click image for larger version - Name: Schermafbeelding 2019-10-07 om 23.15.53.png, Views: 51, Size: 900.54 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Schermafbeelding 2019-10-07 om 23.19.44.png, Views: 53, Size: 374.60 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: Schermafbeelding 2019-10-07 om 23.20.04.png, Views: 51, Size: 443.50 KB
Tools: The Brain | Evernote | DayOne | Ayoa | iMindMap | Omnigraffle | OmniOutliner | Ulysses | Scrivener |

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software