Kriggel23
I've had some text in notes.
Accidentally, I pasted a link, replacing all the text (hit ⌘-A, ⌘-V, instead of ⌘-A, ⌘-C).

The problem: undo did not catch this, so the text was lost.

Kriggel23

mcaton
Christian,

I think ⌘-Z would have been the best option in that scenario.  TheBrain's Edit > Undo option does not effect/record edits in Notes.  I'll see if we have a documented request for an Undo built into the Notes.

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
Yes, pressing ⌘-Z would have restored your text.
Regards,
-Harlan
Kriggel23
Just tested - undo in notes does not cover cmd-v, nor cmd-x. The appr. item with the notes' contextual menu is inactive (gray), cmd-z triggers nothing.

Kriggel23
mcaton
Ctrl+V is working if something is copied onto the clipboard.  But I see your point that Ctrl+X does not work when Cutting from Brain Notes.  I'll document this as a feature request.

Update: Apparently this was working at one time, but a recent update must have disabled the Ctrl+x (⌘-X) - so this has been docuumented for a fix.

Thank you,
Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

I think, you misunderstood - I wasn't complaining about ⌘-V and/or ⌘-X, but about the missing ability to undo after these two functions.

Kriggel23
mcaton
Christopher,

I'm getting different results:
  • unable to use ⌘-X within the notes at all
  • ⌘-Z does work after ⌘-V
But I'll add your results/issue to the same ticket for further testing.

Thank you,
Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

First, my name is Christian.
Second, please try what I mentioned in my first note: I pasted a link.
When you now press ⌘-Z, nothing seems to happen.
Only, if you press ⌘-Z a second time, the paste link is undone. Well, at least, today is does...

Christian 
pthompson
Christian,

When you say Link I assume you mean URL link? I have tested this and cannot replicate any issue. Are you waiting any specific amount of time? 
mcaton
Christian,

Sorry about the name flub - my fingers were typing faster than my Brain was thinking!  We'll continue testing to try and replicate.

Thank you,
Matt
Kriggel23
No problem, Marc [smile]

"Link": you're right, I was writing about an URL. It makes no difference whether I do wait or not after pasting the URL, I have to press ⌘-Z two times in order to undo the paste URL-action.

Furthermore, I stumbled about another Undo-issue:
  • Enter some text, e.g. "line A", press return
  • Enter some text, e.g. "line B", press tab
  • --> "line B" is indented
  • Now press ⌘-Z for Undo
  • --> "line B" is removed - imho only the indention should be undone.

Christian
pthompson
Christian,

I see the "issue" you are referring to with undoing a URL paste. Although it is not really an issue, per se, as this is the intended functionality. You have to use ?-Z twice after pasting a URL because the first ?-Z is to undo the auto-formatting of the URL to its Title.

Example (You can see here that the first undo changes Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 11.42.08 AM.png   back into https://www.google.com. The second undo brings my text back):

Example 001.gif    

In a regular use case, you would use this if you did not want the title but instead the url to show:

Example 002.gif 

---

I was able to replicate the issue with undo-ing an indent and will document that.
mcaton
Quote:
No problem, Marc [smile]

[thumb]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software