reasonablekamikaze
Yo yo,

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but was curious why some notes in the search showed the yellow icon (preferred), and some show the paperclip with 'notes.html', even when there's no attachment on the thought?

TB Notes.jpg 

'notes.html' feels like redundant information—and in my opinion—should be removed from the string. It's taking up precious screen real-estate!

tb.jpg 

Thoughts?! 🙂
metta
@reasonablekamikaze ~

I haven't investigated this yet, but I'm wondering:
> Is it possible the .html notes were created in TB9 or TB10, and they have not yet be edited in TB11?

If so, the .html notes may currently be being treated as attachments in TB11 (hence the .html extension), and then once they are edited in TB11, I suspect they will automatically be converted into the Markdown format and then display with the yellow note icon.

Just guessing, but that's what it looks like to me at first glance....
reasonablekamikaze

@metta That's a good idea, I'd never thought of that!

I'd have loved it to have worked, but now I have two entries in the search results for the same thought haha. To confirm, there are no attachments or links on the thought, only notes.

tb.jpg 

#confused

metta
@reasonablekamikaze ~
I'd have loved it to have worked, but now I have two entries in the search results for the same thought haha.
Odd, indeed....Not sure what to make of that. Will be looking forward to feedback from TB team on this....

To confirm, there are no attachments or links on the thought, only notes.
Actually, as I understand this, even the default notes on the platform are (structurally) treated as attachments, even though they do not display as such.

I realized this recently when doing some shared brain testing and some of my attachments, including the default notes, were being dumped on the Reader's desktop. (FWIW, this sharing bug was quickly fixed. Just haven't had a chance to test it again yet.)

You can also see this for yourself when you open the thought folder. I suspect both the .html files and .md files will be sitting there as attachments and, if desired, they could even be moved in/out of the brain.
reasonablekamikaze
@metta I figured out a way to 'fix' this.

If I delete all the text in the notes and undo (CMD+Z), the notes.html search result no longer appears.

Problem solved from that perspective, but I hope I haven't got to do this for ALL my notes made before TB11! 😱

Interested to hear feedback/thoughts from the TB team. 🙂
metta
@reasonablekamikaze ~

Interesting workaround! Thanks for sharing this tip.

Will be looking for TB team's feedback, too.

In the meantime, I'll do some testing with this, as well, when time permits....
reasonablekamikaze
Before this BETA forum section closes, any thoughts on this behaviour please, team? @Brigitte @mcaton @Harlan 
mcaton
We do have this documented as a bug.  Older v9 and v10 Brains saved their notes as notes.html files.  If the not has not yet been modified in v11, it is still in the notes.html format and thus shows up as an attachment result in searches.  Our engineers are exploring ideas for a solution.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software