L1nda
Hi All

I've just upgraded to version 8 on mac (yosemite) and am already having issues.  

The first is when I add a note to a thought the note icon appears - that's all good and what I want to have happen.  However, if I delete a note - the note icon won't disappear.

Secondly, If I select a group of thoughts and copy them - as text outline with notes - I'm getting a bunch of the formatting stuff wherever there is a note included.  I'm also getting it where there was a note but the note is now deleted.

Edit: I also uploaded it to thebrain cloud services and downloaded it to a windows computer, which I just downloaded version 8 on.  I'm getting the same issues on that machine in regards to the notes icon, and copying thoughts with notes. 

The formatting stuff is the following...

body {

font-family: Helvetica;  font-size: small;  background: #ffffff;  color: #000000;

}

p {

margin-top: 0pt;  margin-bottom: 0pt;

}

pthompson
L1nda,

L1nda wrote:

The first is when I add a note to a thought the note icon appears - that's all good and what I want to have happen.  However, if I delete a note - the note icon won't disappear.

Thank you for pointing this out. I suspect this may have started after our latest Note fixes. I will report this as a bug and let our engineers know. 

L1nda wrote:

Secondly, If I select a group of thoughts and copy them - as text outline with notes - I'm getting a bunch of the formatting stuff wherever there is a note included. I'm also getting it where there was a note but the note is now deleted.

I'm not able to replicate this. How were the notes created, i.e., where were they copied from? I'm guessing that formatting was copied over from the original source if you are seeing this.
L1nda
Hi Patrick

The notes were created by typing normally - no copy and pasting. 

If I create 2 thoughts: (1) TestingOnly and (2) Test with Note, with a note of "some notes" and I then select the 2 thoughts in the selection box and right click "copy as text outline with notes" and then paste it in a text document or a word document I get the following.

TestingOnly

Test with Note

body {

font-family: Helvetica;  font-size: small;  background: #ffffff;  color: #000000;

}

p {

margin-top: 0pt;  margin-bottom: 0pt;

}

some notes

After deleting the content of the note in thought 2, copying the text outline with notes, and then pasting,  I still get:

TestingOnly

Test with Note

body {

font-family: Helvetica;  font-size: small;  background: #ffffff;  color: #000000;

}

p {

margin-top: 0pt;  margin-bottom: 0pt;

}

I am able to reproduce this on both windows and mac using a current brain and a brand new one.

Regards
Linda
pthompson
Linda,

Thanks for the steps. I was able to replicate the problem. This is most likely being caused by our most recent update as well as it was working fine before this. I'll let our engineers know.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software