friendly Show full post »
rui2k
abuzer wrote:

Thank you for your test. I've tried by your method, and Yes, It CAN be searched now.

Does this mean I have to save every Notes.md in TheBrain? and have to do saving as every time I create a new thought?
That's a lot of work to do.
I checked and there was no such way to do this setting ( always save Notes.md as "UTF-8 with signature" ) inside of TheBrain. 

snipaste_20200305_083031.png 

BTW, I had to choose "UTF-8 with signature" when I do saving as and it worked. I used Emeditor to do this. The Notepad from Windows has not "UTF-8 with or without signature" option, and it is just selected "UTF-8" as default.

Cheers. 

To really sovle this problem, we need the developer of theBrain. lol~
abuzer
rui2k wrote:

Cheers. 

To really sovle this problem, we need the developer of theBrain. lol~

Yes you are right!
Achievement of a great thing, is the best reward.
-WIN10
mcaton
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I'll share with the development team and document as a feature request...

Matt
mcaton
Good news, we now have a fix available for this in build 11.0.75. This new version is available on the alpha channel.

The Alpha channel contains frequent updates and provides access to the very latest versions. It is the recommended channel if you have an urgent need for a fix that is not yet available on the Stable channel and do not mind frequent updates.

To get on the Alpha channel:

Windows: Go to Options > Preferences > System > Updates, and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to Help > Check for Update, and install the update.

macOS: Go to TheBrain > Preferences > System > Updates and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to TheBrain > Check for Update, and install the update.

For this specific issue, once you have the new 11.0.75 build installed, please click on File > Utilities > Add UTF-8 Signature to Notes...

Thank you,
Matt
metta
@mcaton ~

Does this fix apply to searching in both Markdown notes and HTML notes?
mcaton
Metta,

Yes, it should resolve the issue, even if the note is still a Note.html file.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
@mcaton ~ Great!

Thanks, Matt, for taking time to confirm. Much appreciated.
abuzer
mcaton wrote:
Good news, we now have a fix available for this in build 11.0.75. This new version is available on the alpha channel.

The Alpha channel contains frequent updates and provides access to the very latest versions. It is the recommended channel if you have an urgent need for a fix that is not yet available on the Stable channel and do not mind frequent updates.

To get on the Alpha channel:

Windows: Go to Options > Preferences > System > Updates, and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to Help > Check for Update, and install the update.

macOS: Go to TheBrain > Preferences > System > Updates and select Alpha from the dropdown menu. Then go to TheBrain > Check for Update, and install the update.

For this specific issue, once you have the new 11.0.75 build installed, please click on File > Utilities > Add UTF-8 Signature to Notes...

Thank you,
Matt

Thank you for working on this. I will try this later.
Achievement of a great thing, is the best reward.
-WIN10

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software