mnolte
OS X, TB 9.0.89.0

After import from TB8, font size looks rather big:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-21 um 21.58.13.png 

I tried to adjust this, but there is only one other size, which is a little to small:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-21 um 21.58.58.png 

Is this intenionally?

I would prefer this (screenshot from TB8, same thought):

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-21 um 22.10.07.png 

Martin
pthompson
Martin,

I'm not sure why you would only be seeing one size. If you create a new Note do you see the same behavior? The resizing and the number of sizes during resizing should be much more fluid than what you are describing:

Notes Resize.gif 
mnolte
Hi Patrick,

I can move the slider like you did.
But the size jumps between small and large.
The number of sizes is 2.
This is with all my brains, both migrated from TB8 and new ones. I just created another test brain. Makes no difference.

There is third size: the large font gets smaller than usually, when there are long lines of text in a note.

(Resizing the plex works as expected.)

Best regards, Martin
pthompson
We've tried replicating this in every variable we can think of but unfortunately cannot. Perhaps we can setup a web meeting to go over this in person. 
mnolte
This is how it looks on my computer.
mnolte
This is an example with long text, imported from TB8:

Notes_Slider_long_text.png 

In TB9, there is only 1 size.
When I move the slider, spacing jumps between normal (like in TB8) and wider.

mcaton
Martin,

We're still puzzled by this one and have not yet replicated.  Can you try creating a NEW Brain in v9 and manually typing in a note to see if the problem still occurs?  I'm just wondering if it's something in the v8 content of the Notes that is causing the problem.

Thanks,
Matt

mnolte
Hi Patrick,

this problem seems to be related to System Preferences / Language & Region / Preferred languages.

Steps to reproduce:
  • change primary language from English to German
  • Quit and restart TB9
  • --> Font size in notes jumps between large (initial) and small, resp. spacing varies between wide and normal, if a note has a lots of text in it
  • change primary language back to English
  • Restart TB9
  • --> notes can be resized as expected
If you need a demo / web session, please let me know.

Best regards, Martin
pthompson
Martin,

Excellent! That's it. We're writing this up! What version of OS X are you using?
mnolte
...OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.4 (15E65), MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) - best regards, Martin
pthompson
Thanks. It looks like it's an issue on Windows too and I believe our engineers already found the solution [wink]

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software