mlapointe
If you open a Notes Window as a separate panel, it becomes incredibly unstable -- both it and the Brain window beneath it jitter violently and rapidly, and text entered into the Notes panel displays with the letters scrambled.

It happens 100% of the time on notes that don't already have any content, and about 80% of the time on notes that already do have content. 

I'm running Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, 64-bit, with 3GB of RAM.

I also miss being able to open or float the Notes panel from a button on that panel; it's not as convenient to go to Thought and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the menu to get to Open Notes Panel. Is there a keyboard shortcut for this? 

zenrain
Hmm, I'm not able to recreate that issue here.

Quote:
Is there a keyboard shortcut for this?

Yes, if you go to Options > Preferences > Accelerators you can set an accelerator for Thought > Open Notes Window (I use ctrl+shift+n).

macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
zoner
Quote:
If you open a Notes Window as a separate panel, it becomes incredibly unstable -- both it and the Brain window beneath it jitter violently and rapidly, and text entered into the Notes panel displays with the letters scrambled.

Can you post a screenshot or video? What version of TB are you using and what is your Java version? Do certain windows/menus not re-paint/re-draw when you hover over them?
Antonio68
I have the same issue.

The Brain 7.0.3.2
J 1.6.0_32

pthompson
Michelle,

Do you have your Brain set to auto-hide (Window > Auto-hide left, right, etc.)? If so, the notes window "jittering" is a known issue in this Window mode. Try switching to Float instead and please let us know if the issue you are describing still occurs.

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software