zenrain
Heres' some stuff and thoughts on Notes in no particular order (tested on OS X version):

It only pastes as plain text, formatting isn't retained.

⌘+z (undo) works until you switch to a different thought... Except. If you copy the contents of one thought's note, activate a different thought and then paste, you can't undo that paste. This means you can mistakenly lose the contents of a note. 
⌘ + y (redo) - Awesome, thanks for this!

I can't paste images into notes. Never mind. This started working after a reboot. Yay!

For notes that were created in TheBrain 8 and upgraded to TheBrain 9, it appears that links to other thoughts no longer work.

I miss being able to create a table, although I see the it's an option, just greyed out. I hope it comes back. [smile]

I really like the modern view. Very well done.

It would be nice if we could create our own templates. 

The zoom control showing where the setting was when you start dragging it to change the text size is a very nice touch.

I like how hyperlinks display.

Absolutely love the code formatting. I will use this often. [love]

Find and Replace - It appears the checkboxes don't work.

In the .pdf that goes over V9 benefits it says I should be able to drag a thought into the notes editor and it will add that as a link in the notes. I can't get this to work in OS X.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Harlan
1. Paste format: What was the source you were pasting from?

2. Thanks for all the bug reports. These have been logged.

3. The easiest way to get a thought link into notes is to copy the thought and paste it into notes. There are two easy ways to copy a thought. A. Focus on the plex (click anywhere so that the keyboard focus is on the search box), hover over a thought and press Cmd/Ctrl+C or B. Context click on a thought and select Copy.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
1. I've tried pasting from the web, an email (it lost the bullets) and another thought's text. In the case of the other thought, it lost the table and the formatting (bullets and title).

3. Yes, I must say that copying and pasting thoughts seems a lot easier, faster and more useful in Version 9. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Harlan
Can you describe the problem you had with the Find checkboxes in more detail? They seem to be working without any issues for me.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Quote:

Can you describe the problem you had with the Find checkboxes in more detail? They seem to be working without any issues for me.

Hmm, I've now tested multiple ways and I can't recreate it any more. Never mind. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
perry
Is the separate note window coming back? I found it handy on multiple monitors.
zenrain
I was wondering the same thing, but then I realized I could just drag a tag out (to create a new window), maximize the notes and then use that instead. A few more steps, but it'll tide you over until they do implement it (and it ends up being more powerful than just the notes window).
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing, but then I realized I could just drag a tag out (to create a new window), maximize the notes and then use that instead. 

Bingo.

Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing, but then I realized I could just drag a tag out (to create a new window), maximize the notes and then use that instead. 

Bingo.

Are you saying that that's it? That a maximised Notes pane is the only Notes window we'll be getting?

I was going to say that that lacks the auto-update feature of the Notes window in TB8... but then I tried and TB8 doesn't update the Notes window: TB8 is a notes window per Thought (my bad)

Having said that: it would be nice to have a floating notes window though (works great on my multi-monitors)
korm

zenrain wrote:
I was wondering the same thing, but then I realized I could just drag a tag out (to create a new window), maximize the notes and then use that instead. A few more steps, but it'll tide you over until they do implement it (and it ends up being more powerful than just the notes window).

Sorry to be dense, but what does "drag a tag out" mean?  What's the action -- drag a tag where?

perry
korm wrote:

zenrain wrote:

Sorry to be dense, but what does "drag a tag out" mean?  What's the action -- drag a tag where?

Click and hold the tab with the mouse and move the tab out from the current TB window: exactly how you can drag (modern) browser tags to new windows.

If you have another TB window open you can place the dragged tab there, or you can drop it on empty space, and a new TB window will be created.
zenrain
Sorry, "tag" was a typo also, which doesn't help. It was supposed to be tab.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
perry
zenrain wrote:
Sorry, "tag" was a typo also, which doesn't help. It was supposed to be tab.

That's OK: I understood it as 'tab' and replied as such -- did that make sense and work?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software