tekeek
Is there any plans for an online applet of PersonalBrain even as an alt instead of portable?
Moe
Are you referring to an embeddable Java applet. If so, please see the following video on Embedding WebBrains.

Thanks,
Moe

tekeek
I know about that, but you can not edit it if you wanted too. It would be great to have away, even through WebBrain acct, too be able to edit them. I just figured an applet of some sort would be great. So if something just came to me but I did not have access to my system that has the PersonalBrain installed then I can just use any browser to make the changes.
zenrain
If I remember correctly, allowing editing in the webbrain is a planned feature.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Moe
tekeek,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for misinterpreting your post. User editable Brains is something that is in our plans in a future version of webbrain.com .

Thanks,
Moe

tekeek
I probably could have worded my question better though!

I had tested many types of mind mapping software (FreeMind, XMIND, Mind42, bubbl.us, and a few more). My primary reason for sticking with PersonalBrain is its graphical feature, placing inactive thoughts in the background. The only pep peeve I have was the ability to having something portable or online(which to me online is portable since most device supports browsing, and the fact that you can get firefox portable).

Spacenexus
Tekeek

Check references here to Logmein if that helps:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/show_single_post?pid=22925200&postcount=5

best

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
tekeek
Spacenexus,

That sounds great, but in my opinion that is just to much resource for one small task. First off I am not a huge fan of Logmein, i prefer to use TeamViewer.. Second, If memory serves me correctly you still have to install some kind of software before using Logmein. Thirdly, Even if you where to use LogMeIn your dependent on connectivy speed, which falls back to resources used. So if you do not have a great connection then trying to remotely access your system can cause some serious lag.

Its a good solution until an applet could be created to allow online editing using your personal WebBrain account. However for me, I am not that desperate yet.

Thanks for the idea though!

~Tekeek

tekeek
Another thought for an online version is to use Google Gears in conjunction with PersonalBrain.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software