zenrain
If you do an Advanced search, clearing all the boxes except attachment, then click Only Under Active in the search results pane, nothing appears.
This only seems to occur when just searching attachments.

Note: Tested on OSX. Child thoughts did contain attachments with the search term. These attachments showed correctly when Only Under Active was unchecked.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
dyslucksia
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows

Seems to work OK on Windows, as far as attached text files are concerned:

The text file General Information.txt (green notepad icon) attached to the child Thought of the same name was found by Advanced Search, even with Under Active selected, and the word "general" (arrowed) was also detected in the text.

I made sure that only "Search: Attachments" was selected.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
zenrain
Hmmm, just to follow up, it was .pdf attachments. If it works on Windows correctly, then I'm guessing it's an issue with Under Active not calling the spotlight results correctly.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
dyslucksia
I don't normally store any PDF files in my Brain, but I thought I'd try it anyway,  so attached several PDF files to a Thought. As you can see, it works OK for PDF files in XP, so maybe as you say it's a Spotlight issue for Mac users.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Moe
Zen, Thanks for posting. I ran some tests and was able to confirm that this feature is not working correctly on the Mac. This issue has been been noted for the developers to look into.

Best regards,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software