Richard_Bacon
Hi! I have some links to WWW sites (in fact to specific pages in PDF files on WWW sites) in a ver 6 Brain. I have opened the ver 6 brain in ver 7 and while the links work, the icons are replaced by empty rectangles.

If I create a new brain in ver 7 and insert the same links, the WWW icon appears.

Something I'm doing or a feature?
All help gratefully received.

Richard
pthompson
Richard,

Thank you for posting. On your existing Brain, you can navigate to the Though with the URL attachment, make sure the Thought tab is selected, Right-Click the URL attachment and select (Refresh URL Icon)

Richard_Bacon
Thanks  - that works!

However, I have about 60 links to update - is there a way to perform a global refresh?

Cheers

Richard

pthompson
Richard,

Yes. I should have included that. Navigate to (File > Utilities > Refresh Web Pages Index)

Regards,
Richard_Bacon
Thanks Patrick - I will do that!
Cheers

Richard
Richard_Bacon

OK, I did File>Utilities>Refresh Web Pages Index but no joy, I'm afraid.

Cheers

Richard

pthompson
Richard,

I forgot that this menu option is now "hidden" in TheBrain 7.

There are a few additional utilities that are now "hidden" and require a special "key" to access. Please keep in mind, the reason these options are now hidden is because most of these are not needed in most situations. All of the options that are now hidden should only be used in extreme situations or when directed by our support team (this is also why we did not include instructions on how to access these additional options in our release notes). You can still gain access to these options, however, by typing *support* in your Search field. An example of this is attached as a screenshot.

After this is done, navigate to (File > Utilities > Download Missing Web Icons)

Regards,
Richard_Bacon
Yes, that's it! Many thanks!

I might suggest that the refresh becomes part of the import from ver6 to version 7.

Cheers

Richard

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software