sjeeke
Hi,

Whenever I click on a PDF file withing the Brain it does not open. This issue does not occur with any other filetypes (e.g. xls, .doc, etc.). The way around is to open the folder where the file is located and than click on the PDF file from withing file explorer.

I am currently on the latest 4.3 Beta and have experienced this with all releases during the last few months.

Any ideas what I must do?

Thanks,

H.

BHurd
I think it must somehow be a system issue on your machine.  I have had a few issues with the pdf icons not showing up properly over a few older releases.  The files have always opened for me (and I have the latest beta) and still do.

Maybe reinstall adobe??

bmac
H - I agree with BHurd. PDFs open fine on my machine. Are you using acrobat reader or some other PDF program (I use Adobes v8 Acrobat professional).

Bill
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Harlan

Try re-installing your PDF reader. That's probably the issue.

Regards,
-Harlan
sjeeke
Hi,

I re-installed Acrobat Reader but the issue still persists...

Any suggestions are welcome.

This issue is not a major inconvenience - so I can live with it but it would be nice if it can be solved

Thanks,

S

Harlan
Please try this:

From the desktop, shift+right click on a PDF file and select "Open With...". Make sure the "Always open with this program" box is checked and select Acrobat Reader. Now try again...
Regards,
-Harlan
sjeeke
Hi Harlan,

Unfortunately this did not work neither.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

s

mcaton
What happens when you right click on the attachment from withing the Properties and Attachments Tab?  Are you able to select Open With... from here?

Thanks,
Matt
sjeeke
Hi Matt,

Opening the file by right clicking on the attachment from withing the Properties and Attachments Tab does work. I am not sure if this hints to a solution about what the issue is/might be.

Thanks,

S

Harlan
yes, that is interesting that it works if you right click.

can you please reproduce the problem and post the output.log file from it?

also, if you could send support@thebrain.com a brainzip of the problematic brain along with the name of the thought where it is happening, that would be very helpful.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software