BrentK
When I click 'open with' for an attached file that has no file suffix, the 'Always use selected program...' button on the 'Open With' dialog box remains greyed out so that I can never select it.  I realize that not having a file suffix might seem unusual, but this is a common practice for perl scripts.  So rather than me submitting this as an enhancement request, I'm submitting as an issue, albeit a minor one, and asking that a non-suffixed file be treated the same as one that has a suffix.

Thanks,
Brent

pthompson
Brent,

Thank you for posting. Just to be sure here, do you have a program selected in the Open With dialog box before attempting to select the 'Always use selected program...' checkbox?

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Thanks.

Regards,
BrentK
Yes, I select a program.  Image uploaded.

Click image for larger version - Name: OpenWithDialogBox.png, Views: 37, Size: 31.01 KB
pthompson
Brent, 

Thank you for the reply. This looks like it might be an issue with the Operating System as the dialog box showing is a Windows menu, not a PersonalBrain menu. 

Can you go to the file on your system (not in PersonalBrain) Right-Click and select Properties. In Properties you should see a Opens With section with a Change button you can select. If you select that Change button you will see the same menu as above. Is the 'Always use selected program...' button still grayed out?

Regards,
BrentK
I didn't realize that the dialog box displayed in TB is the same one Windows displays.  But I can see now that this is the case.  I selected 'open with' in File Explorer on my non-suffix file and, no surprise, the 'always' button was greyed out.  Sorry for submitting the issue and wasting your time!

Brent

pthompson
Brent,

I don't know if this is an option for you, but adding the correct suffix to the file should give you the option to select a default application for it.
BrentK
Thanks, Patrick.  Adding a suffix is definitely an option, and is probably what I'll do just to avoid having to always select a program. 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software