bmac
Most of my work with TB is the desktop version but I needed to get a document in TB while away from the office and was surprised that I could view the thought but could not open the attachment which was a PDF file. I was using an Andriod Moto X 2014, KitKat 4.4.4, to view the thought and the phone does have capability to open PDF files.

Am I missing something - shouldn't I be able to open the attachment assuming my device has the capability to open the file type?

Bill
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
pthompson
Bill,

It sounds like you may not have the file attached internally. The files that are attached to a Brain will only be available online if they are attached as an internal attachment. There is some more information on the difference between internal and linked attachments in our tutorial HERE.
bmac
Actually, all my files in the brain are internal.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
zenrain
I only have an iPhone device, but I was able to open a .pdf using either the iOS app, or the WebBrain interface. So it should work from an Android device. Can you open .pdf's from another source/web site?

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
bmac
Sorry, I just realized what the problem is. I was attempting to click on the PDF icon within the thought in the Plex and nothing was happening when I should have been opening the attachment by clicking on the paperclip icon at the bottom of the screen. That works.
Bill

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software