mctrexler
As I continue to experiment with ways of organizing information in the Climate Web, I'm considering using local URL links that jump to parts of the Climate Web that aren't necessarily connected to the rest of the Climate Web. 

Is there anything about how TheBrain works that suggests this wouldn't be a good idea?   Would "orphaned sections" be more likely to get lost or corrupted for any reason?  I personally feel like everything "should" be connected, but I'm also seeing that I could more customize some sections to particular viewerships if they jumped into their own part of the Brain.  

Thanks,

Mark
zenrain
Not that I'm aware of, I have little islands of stuff in my own Brain. The only real danger is forgetting about them. [smile]
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
metta
Mark, what did you eventually decide on this issue?

Have you allowed islands to develop in the CW? Or have you found a way to gather everything under one (or some) larger umbrellas or "regions"?
mctrexler
I am moving in the direction of free-standing islands, especially now that we're using Spotlights. For some Spotlights, particularly those targeted at first-time users, I'm considering creating totally duplicate parts of the Climate Web, one complete with all the linkages and connections, one totally standalone that is an island in the Climate Web.  We can then have a Spotlight that points to the "simple" version of the information, and it may not be as intimidating to Webbrain users.  The other option is to have a separate Brain for these simple Spotlights, but that makes it a lot harder to keep the respective materials in sync as materials change.  

Mark
metta
Very interesting, Mark!  Thanks for the much appreciated update.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software