kbunders
Hi,

I'm sorry to report a bug.

In outline view, in some case not all child thoughts are displayed, even when you do 'Expand all'. 

I tried to go back to normal view, unlink all the child thoughts of that particular thought and then added them back as children. Switched to outline view; children still not there.

This is a very annoying bug since it makes the rest of the view not to be trusted. I found this bug while preparing for a presentation using data from TheBrain. I now have to check all the other cases if outline showed me all my thoughts. Very very annoying.

I appreciate your analysis and fix.

Cheers, Koen

TheBrain 8.0.0.8 Pro Edition
Java 1.7.0_51
Windows 7
Not using TheBrain anymore. Switched to Roam Research.
mcaton
Koen,

I've been unable to reproduce any issue with the Outline view in testing.  Is it possible that the additional child thoughts were off-screen?  Could you send a screenshot of the view in Normal and then the view in Outline for a side by side comparison for further research/testing?

Thank you,
Matt Caton
TheBrain Technologies
kbunders
Hi Matt,

Attached are two screenshots, one with normal view:
5 child thoughts for the parent thought 'politiek'

And one in outline view:
1 child thought for the parent thought 'politiek'

Thanks,

Koen
SamCox
TheBrain never shows more than one copy of a thought on the screen. In your Outline view, notice that the Politiek does have five child thoughts as evidenced by the five links emanating from that thought's child node. You see only one of them beneath the Politiek thought because the other four are being displayed beneath other thoughts on the same screen. If you were to collapse the other parents, the "missing" thoughts would immediately reappear under the Politiek thought.

kbunders
Ah... yes... stupid, my bad!

Cheers! Koen
mcaton
Not bad at all and thank you for sharing your thoughts.  I've highlighted the links we are referring to in case anyone else is interested/concerned about this type of display setting.

Also - Great wallpaper!

Thanks!
Matt Click image for larger version - Name: outline-view.png, Views: 68, Size: 350.19 KB

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software