miadonis
I truly believe this could be a killer feature:

Outline View: automatically re-order your Thoughts within the Plex by dragging any Thought above or below other existing Thoughts.

This would allow users to do things like create a visual book outline with chapters that can be rearranged or allow trainers and instructors to re-order segments of a learning curriculum with ease.

Currently, if you wanted to use TheBrain in such a way to create an outline you'd have to commit to the order by typing/appending the position number at the start of the Thought Name for each chapter.

The only way to re-order those Thoughts (chapters) would be to go into each Thought Name and manually type the new position number—a very cumbersome and inefficient process I hope you'll agree.

Cheers,
Matt
metta
@miadonis ~ 

Definitely +1 -- in any view.

Manually sorting (reordering) thoughts is actually an extremely popular, frequent and old feature request. Here's feedback from Matt on the status of this request from back in February of 2017.
Kawlinz
+1

A custom order of thoughts shouldn't have to be dictated by putting .01, .02 in your thoughts because a) it's cumbersome b) it's usually contextual to the parent, not inherent to the  thought itself.
DavidGretzschel
I'd not want to have to use only drag and drop in such a view, personally.
I'd much prefer to also have a "push up" and a "push down" command that instantly acts on the fc-Thought.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
I'd not want to have to use only drag and drop in such a view, personally.
I'd much prefer to also have a "push up/left" and a "push down/right" command that instantly acts on the fc-Thought swapping it with its neighbour.
As well as an "push to last"/"push to first"/"push to mid"-commands.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Cxiym
+1 

this would be a game changer for me. would also like to suggest the ability to toggle between a default sorted and manually sorted view (perhaps right clicking on active thought? and the manual sort mode/view would allow you to click and drag). I believe Spotify has a similar function to this 
mcaton
Thanks everyone for posting. This (bringing back the v8 expanded view) is a known and well documented feature request.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software