Tim
Hi

I am using the latest beta version 7.0.1.7 and have some trouble with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 SP2: drag & drop from Outlook to TheBrain does not work.

My OS is Windows Vista Enterprise SP 2, 32bit.

Tim

bmac
Just wondering - does it work if you hold down the CTRL key when you drag the OL item into the plex?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
pthompson
Tim,

Thank you for posting. Do you happen to know what version of Java you have installed? Do you have the same issue with the latest beta (7.0.1.8)? We will do some testing on our end using your specifications and get back to you with what we find. Thanks.
Tim
Hi all

Thank you pthompson and bmac for your reply.

@pthompson
java -version java version "1.6.0_16" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_16-b01) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode, sharing)
I have the same issue with the latest beta 7.0.1.8.

@bmac
Holding down the key or not makes no difference. In both cases nothing happens.

Tim
pthompson
Tim,

Thank you for the reply. I would recommend updating to the latest version of Java to see if this resolves your issue. You can find the latest version by visiting http://www.java.com/download. Also, please make sure you have all system updates installed. Once you have all updates and changes installed, please make sure to restart your system so any changes made are implemented completely. If you are still having issues after this, please let us know.

Regards,
zoner
In conjunction to updating to the latest Java and updating your system (as per Patrick). I recommend a reinstall of TheBrain making sure that you have Outlook closed and your antivirus software disabled (temporarily). It could have been the case that when you installed TheBrain (redemption.dll - dll file responsible for drag and drop from Outlook) was not registered properly on your system. Also, make sure that you don't have TheBrain set to run as administrator as that can cause drag and drop to not work. 
Tim
How can I say TheBrain to use a specific java version? I have more than one jre installed and the default is an older version. Is there any command line parameter oder environment variable I can set?

Tim

Tim
I can not make any changes to the existing Java installation. So I downloaded the newest java from portableapps.com. Now, how can ich run the "TheBrain.exe" file? any ideas?

Tim
pthompson
Tim,

We have seen reports in the past that have attributed having more than one version of Java installed to cause issues similar to this. Would you be able to uninstall all versions of Java and keep only the latest installed?

Regards,
Tim
Unfortunately this is not possible. There are two other applications that require an older java installation. These applications do not work if the latest java version is installed.

Tim
pthompson
Tim,

We have a new version of TheBrain 7 available as well (not sure if this will resolve the issue), available here. In the meantime, I will check with our engineers to see if there is any other workaround for this.

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software