phschwager Show full post »
Moe
Just wanted to mention that the latest version of PB 6.0 now supports drag  and drop from Outlook 2010 .

Thanks,
Moe
rojeras
Hi,

I just installed 6.0.2.1-b and I am sorry to report that the Outlook 2010 problem is still there.

Regards, rojeras

-----------------------------------
Latest build of PB 8 (if not otherwise noted) on Linux Mint 17 Xfce, Win 8 Professional and Android
Moe
We have had a few other reports of this problem. Our engineers have been informed and are looking into a fix.

Thanks,
Moe
GerSch

Are there still problems with Outlook 2010? But I can update from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 or should I wait?

Moe
@GerSch,

Yes. I will update everyone once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,
Moe

Spacenexus
Hi

I can't link drag outlook items from my new install of Outlook 2010 and 6029. A dialogue appears saying that outlook 2010 is not the default client, but it is.

This is really crititcal not to lose track of connections, so any efforts to fix this as a priority is apprecaited.

thanks

Jim

Click image for larger version - Name: Default_Outlook_2010.png, Views: 321, Size: 25.76 KB
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus

Just doing some research, it seems the issue with PB drag and drop is with Outlook 64bit vs 32bit.

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/461

I reinstalled the 32bit version and it appeared to solve the issue. PB users upgrading to Office 2010 should consider using the 32bit version only for now. 

This certainly is a Microsoft issue as the lack of Outlook 2010 64bit syncing ability with 32bit addons/software seems to be commonplace at the moment. Unless someone is trying to solve proteien folding or unify gravity in their spreadsheet, the 32bit versions of Office should be ok.

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
GerSch

I installed Outlook 2010 (32-bit). It is not possible to link any Outlook-element to PersonalBrain 6.

Spacenexus
Ger, try reinstalling PB ensuring that all MS Office applications are closed first.

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
rojeras
Hi,

I can confirm Spacenexus obeservation. When I "downgraded" from 64 to 32-bit Office 2010 it is once again possible to create links by D&D of Outlook objects.

Regards, rojeras
-----------------------------------
Latest build of PB 8 (if not otherwise noted) on Linux Mint 17 Xfce, Win 8 Professional and Android
FrostByghte
I'm running a trial of PB right now trying to decide to purchase or not.  Of course I have Outlook 2010 64bit and have been hit with this issue.  Is there any ETA on a fix, or something I can do besides switched to 32bit Outlook in order to get PB functioning with Outlook 64bit?  Thank you.
Moe
FrostByghte, Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, there is no way to workaround this. Regarding an ETA, I'll check with the engineers then get back.

Thanks,
Moe
FrostByghte
Moe,

I am guessing this is the issues:

Quote:
32-bit MAPI Application and 64-Bit Outlook
32-bit MAPI applications are not supported to run on a computer installed with 64-bit Outlook and 64-bit Windows. The application developer must update and rebuild the application as a 64-bit application for the 64-bit platform. This is because a 32-bit application cannot load a 64-bit Msmapi32.dll file. There are a small number of API changes that application developers must incorporate to build their code successfully for a 64-bit environment. MAPI header files have been updated with these changes to support the 64-bit platform. You can download these header files at Outlook 2010: MAPI Header Files. Developers can use this same set of MAPI header files to build both 32-bit and 64-bit MAPI applications.

Located here:

That is my layman's guess  If the fix is coming within a few months, I would very much like to purchase the product.
BuckSatan
Hello everybody,

I am evaluating this PB6  before purchasing and I also encountered the same problem when dragging outlook items to PB6.

I'm running outlook2010 64 bits with windows 7 64bits.

Is there any news regarding this feature? This is very importing to me to choose if I will be using PB6as my trustful system for my GTD process.

Do you have any news besides using Outlook 32 bits?

Thanks in advance.

Buck
FrostByghte
I have 8 days left on my trial as well.  Really was hoping for an answer...love the software otherwise.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software