Spacenexus

Hi there

RE Outlook integration, i really valued the PB3 functionality of dragging any outlook item into the brain plex and having a copy of the outlook item as a thought within the brain. This includes on a daily basis emails and less frequently contacts and other outlook items (though i still have about 500 outlook contacts dragged into specific brain locations under People thought type).

Apologies if this has been previously addressed, but may i request a toggle in the preferences to emulate this PB3 behaviour? PB3 handled this functionality in a systematic, logical and robust manner.

Since using the Brain from 1999, i bypassed the shortcuts philospohy and embedded all my files direcltly within the brain eradicating the windows explorer file structure for my data. With this approach, it is far more fitting for me to have separate copies of Outlook files within the brain rather than links to items within Outlook.

I know PB4 is new from the ground up and you guys working very hard on it, but to not maintin this basic functionality will place a crippling limit on usability of PB4.

Thanks for continued great efforts.

cheers

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
icarus
Hi Jim

Yes. I feel similar. I wished, that would be back in.

rgloor / aka icarus
Harlan

Good news... this can be done now - you just have to open the thought folder and drop your Outlook stuff there. When your done, these attachments will appear in PB4. (you can use the same process to drag from just about anything BTW)

Regards,
-Harlan
icarus
Harlan wrote:

Good news... this can be done now - you just have to open the thought folder and drop your Outlook stuff there. When your done, these attachments will appear in PB4. (you can use the same process to drag from just about anything BTW)

Thanks Harlan for the answer. Good to know that there is a way at all (right now).

Would it be too complicated, to allow drag and drop directly to the plex (onto a thought as an attachement, or below an active thought as a child) like for instance an URL?

This would be more intuitive and improve the user experience. 

rgloor / aka icarus
icarus
OK Harlan.
Sorry. Forget above posting at the moment.

I have now also read your answer to the thread over here:
http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/printadd?id=1736918&pid=16453832

We are patiently waiting for the evolving of it.
(hhmmm, unpatiently waiting would probabely be more honest )

rgloor / aka icarus
Spacenexus

Harlan

Thanks for this solution - that does the job and is more than satisfactory whilst we await the direct plex dropping variation.

Much apprecaited.

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Ray
Looking at the number of messages on this forum it looks like the most common area of interest is related to Outlook. It would be really nice to be able to have fewer steps for getting an email and attachments into PB.

When the "Select Attachment to Open" window pops open I think that the size of the window should default to the size of the window that the user left it at. If the size is fixed I think that the room alloted to the Name should be bigger.

Ray
Langley, BC
Ray
There are two issues with moving emails into PB. One is that it would be nice to drag the email to attach it it an existing thought. This wasy you can then link it to other thoughts. You cannot do this with the emails going into a folder. The other issue relates to the email attachements. I would like to be able to drag one or more emails into PB and attach it to a thought. At the same time I would like the attahcements to come across and become children of the email thought. I think that this would be very slick.

To have this work for Thunderbird would be nice too.

Ray
Langley, BC

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software