Spacenexus
Hi chaps

I notice that after a period, some emails that i link into PB to not open correctly. All that happens is that the blue shell a blank outlook item opens but no content (form structure, text or anything) appears.

Any thoughts?

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
zenrain
Could it be related to moving the e-mails in Outlook? Moving them breaks the hyperlink Outlook assigns, so PB can no longer locate it.
You may want to take a look at this thread.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
bfisher
I work around this by having an "email" folder on my pc.  I drag emails I want in PB to this folder and then drag from the folder into PB.  Yes, it's a second step but works every time and doesn't take much time.

Spacenexus
Zenrain, thanks for the thoughts on this. I have my PST's located within a thought in PB and Outlook accesses eveything from there. Anytime I like an email to PB i always file that email to the current year's PST archive using GTD Outllook Addin and there it resides permanently. Then i open that inbox from Outlook and drag the email to the approprriate location in PB as a link. This routine is smooth and quickly becomes second nature.

So in my case there has never been an issue with an ORL being broken. There does seem to be a pattern when the email is older than a certain period.

I'll watch out next time i spot it and see if i can identify anything a bit more systematic about it.

best

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Spacenexus
This bug is still prevalent. almost every outlook email linked in PB failed to bring up the content when open. Please see graphic; just a shell with the blues.

Any progress made on this?

best

Jim

Click image for larger version - Name: failed_emails.jpg, Views: 205, Size: 24.25 KB
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
mkmuc
Hi all,

Using ctrl+drag I drag emails from outlook into PB where they are embedded. Never had any problems and can view the mails even they are moved or deleted in outlook.

- Michael

Moe

Hi Jim,

Thanks for posting.  Can you provide more information such as Outlook version, OS, and PB version you are using. From the screenshot I am guessing you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.

Quote:

almost every outlook email linked in PB failed to bring up the content when open.

For the emails that open in up just showing the shell, do they open up the same way if you open them directly from Outlook?

Quote:

There does seem to be a pattern when the email is older than a certain period.

Anytime I like an email to PB i always file that email to the current year's PST archive using GTD Outllook Addin and there it resides permanently.

Does the problem only occur with Outlook emails which you have archived?

Thanks,
Moe

Spacenexus
Thanks Moe.

Details are:

PB5522 (occuring with previous versions clearly)
J-1.6.0_02
Outlook 2003 SP3 / MS Office Professional 2003
Windows Vista Home Premium

Any of the emails opening up in the shell always open correctly when i go directly to Outlook and open them up there.

All the emails i link into PB are archived (clearly the idea is not to move them to another location after linking!).

Outlook contacts linked into PB never have a problem, just emails.

Thanks for looking into this.

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
Moe
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the additional info on your problem. We have been doing some testing to replicate this problem but have not been able to. If possible, can you replicate the problem then directly after close PB then forward us a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com. The output.log file may indicate the problem or contain information to help us replicate the problem.

Thanks,
Moe
Spacenexus
Just as an update for completness, looks like we narrowed it down to an issue with my particular installation of Outlook and not a PB issue.

best

Jim

@200229:
TB8022 32bit

Testing 11.0.60.0

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since 1997
veventoangel
Thank you to all for help.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software