Gideon
The beauty of PB5 is that when u drag and drop messages from outlook 2007 into it you have a fully integrated system. My problem is that when i copy my brain from my work pc to my laptop, I get 'the operation failed' when outlook 2007 on the laptop tries to open it. This is critical because if I want to take work home and refer to messages associated with thoughts it is impossible. Am i correct in assuming outlook objects can't be copied from one machine to the other?

Regards
Gid
Moe
Hi Gideon, Welcome to the forum. When you drag and drop an email into PB from Outlook, the default behavior is that PB will populate the note for the created Thought, then create a link back to the Outlook object. This will not be carried over to another machine. However, you can try the following.
  1. Drag and drop your Outlook message into the Plex to create a Thought.
  2. Right click on the Thought and select "Open Thought Folder" from the context menu.
  3. Drag the Outlook message into the open Thought folder.
This will store an internal copy of the Outlook email in your Brain which you can access on the other machine.

Best regards,
Moe

Gideon
Many thanks! that works

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software