Replicated:

Just to show how it should be ...
  • drag a file from Finder into TB9, drop NOT on existing thought
  • new thought will be created, get name from file
  • new thought appears as last entry in past thought list
Issue:
  • drag an url from Safari into TB9, drop NOT on existing thought
  • new thought will be created ...
  • BUT: new thought does NOT appear in past thought list.

Kriggel23

zenrain
The past thought list shows thoughts you have activated. I don't believe the thought is activated when dragging in a URL, so it won't appear on the past thought list.

Instead you will find that new thought in the modification history list (button next to the search field).

It would be nice if the Activate thought on creation preference applied to dragged URLs also.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
Kriggel23
Zenrain,

I agree - imho the past thought list shows the thoughts activated.
But, if it were really that way, neither a new file thought nor a new URL thought should appear there, because neither is activated after creation, right?

I've set the flag for preferences > UI > Activate last create Thought. That in mind, ANY new thought should be activated.
BUT: neither a new file thought nor an URL thought are activated.
And only the new file thought appears in the past thought list.

It would be nice if the Activate thought on creation preference were applied to any new thought, no matter how it was created.

Kriggel23
mcaton
Christian,

I'll certainly write this up as a feature request to activate ALL newly created Thoughts (including results of drag and drop) when the 'Activate last created Thought' option is check.

Insedentally, I'm not seeing file attachment Thoughts added to the past Thought list after drag and drop.  However, in theory, this feature request would kill 2 birds with one stone and show both files and URLs in the PTL.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software