dcb_oz
I'm having trouble getting Paste Outline to link reliably to existing thoughts. My tests this morning with 5.0.2.6 are showing the following behaviour.

Existing thought is "Read Book"

If the clipboard contains
Read Book
Watch DVD
the dialog displays and a choice of "Always link to exising works"

If, however I have
Watch DVD
Read Book
the dialog displays but "Read Book" is created as a new thought. The same occurs if I choose to specifically link to the existing thought, a new one is created.

Outline behaviour such as
Watch DVD
Read Book
also fails and I suspect it is because "Read Book" is not first.

A second test just done suggests further that Paste Outline is only linking to existing thoughts if they are the FIRST thought. The test of:
Existing thought A
Existing thought B
New thought C
only linked the first thought.

David

Moe
Hi dcb_oz, Thanks for point this out.  I'll make sure our engineers are aware of this.

Best regards,
Moe

dcb_oz
Any update on this? Just tried 5.0.3.0 and the problem is still there.

David
Moe
dcb_oz, Thank you for contacting us. The paste outline issues have been fixed in the 5.1 release of PB. We do not have an official date for the release just yet. Please keep your eyes out on our web page and the forums for its release.

Best regards,
Moe 
dcb_oz
Moe wrote:
dcb_oz, Thank you for contacting us. The paste outline issues have been fixed in the 5.1 release of PB. We do not have an official date for the release just yet. Please keep your eyes out on our web page and the forums for its release.

Best regards,
Moe 

Fantastic and thanks for the update.It will be very helpful when working properly.

David
autoxracer
Moe wrote:

Best regards,
Moe 

Great that it is fixed as this is one of the primary reasons i bought PB to create complex brains thoughts with multiple data sources with some consistent naming. 

Are we going to be charged for upgrading from 5.0xxxxxx to 5.1?
Darkstar

Normally, you are only charged for the big revisions--- going from 3 to 4, 4 to 5, etc. Upgrades for decimal revisions are not charged.

-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software