tshanno
The best way to paste anything into a note without fear that there will be formatting that you don't want is to do it as text.

In addition to a keyboard shortcut (suggested here) I'd like to suggest that "Paste Special"  be added to the context menu in the notes section.

I know these menus can get crowded if you consent to put just any old thing there but given that the action needs to be done at a specific location, I don't think it would be a bad thing to allow users to right click at the spot of insertion and proceed directly to the menu item in context.

Tom S.

OSX & J-1.6.0_17
KUbuntu 9.10
PB 5.5.2.2
KDE 4.3.2 & J-1.6.0_16
moski
Good idea, but Paste Special is only an entry to the Paste Special submenu.

If what you want is a way to paste plain text, I'd ask for a context menu option named "Paste as plain text" and leave it at that. Then you could leave the "Copy/cut/paste as text always" option unchecked.

My greatest problem with the current arrangement is that I have no way of knowing whether I've set to copy/paste as plain text or not without drilling into Preferences. There ought to be something much higher up and within easy reach, like a check mark on the Options menu itself.

Michael Skurrie
tshanno
Hi, Moski.

I didn't want to ask specifically for the paste as text option because I thought the menu item might be more generally useful as an entry to the Paste Special menu.  As it is, the "paste as text" option is the one that's highlighted for me by default, probably because its the last option used.  So all I have to do is hit "enter" once the menu pops up.  Not a big extra step.

Tom S.

OSX & J-1.6.0_17
KUbuntu 9.10
PB 5.5.2.2
KDE 4.3.2 & J-1.6.0_16
moski
Hi Tom, thanks for explaining. Paste Special still needs one more click before you reach the Plain Text option, which might become annoying.
Michael Skurrie

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software