Cerebrum
In version 8, I can "Copy Local Thought URL" and then click on another thought and "Paste Thought URL". This option isn't available in version 9.

Related point: If I add a link with "Add Attachment, Paste URL" and then click on the link, it launches TheBrain version 8.
perry
Are you on Windows? See: urls-in-notes-wont-open
Cerebrum
I am on Windows 10.

It seems to me that the link that you provided doesn't specifically address my two issues:
1. No option to "Paste Thought URL".
2. Local link opens version 8.

perry
True, it was just a thought that it may be related.

I'm sure Paste Thought URL will show up in due course...

I remember reading in another thread about the TB9 local URL not working with TB8, but couldn't find it... From memory it'll resolve when TB8's replaced by TB9.
mcaton
We are currently testing some updates on this specific feature.  I believe it will be working in the next update.

Thank you,
Matt
perry
mcaton wrote:
We are currently testing some updates on this specific feature.  I believe it will be working in the next update.

This is amazing, and pretty interesting... and seems to work (not as expected... no expectations [wink] ...)

Pasting the Local URL as a 'Paste Web Link' creates a tab titled "preview.webbrain.com" with an icon -- clicking the icon or opening the attachment navigates to the appropriate Thought. Nifty [thumb]

I guess the preview will work at some stage?
mcaton
Perry - yes!  Still more to come.

Thanks,
Matt
Cerebrum
mcaton wrote:
We are currently testing some updates on this specific feature.
Which specific feature are you working on?
The option to "Paste Thought URL" or having local links open in TB9 instead of TB8?
Harlan
On Windows: Upon installation of TB9, brain:// links should open in TB9. If you are still running TB8, TB8 will recapture the brain:// protocol and it will stop working with TB9. I think you may have to rerun the installer for TB9 to have it take over the protocol again.
Regards,
-Harlan
Cerebrum
I re-installed TB9 and the links work fine.
Also, there's now a command "Paste Web Link" that will paste the link that was captured using "Copy Local Thought URL". This works across separate brains.
Harlan wrote:
If you are still running TB8 ...
Why wouldn't I still be running TB8? 
TB9 is still a preview release, isn't it? 

mcaton
Thanks for the update.  Yes, we're still in Preview Mode with v9.  I think Harlan was just covering all the bases for the link info.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software