Cornan
I swear that one of the 5.5 betas activated thoughts created with Paste Web Link, but 5.5.1.0 / Windows Vista does not.

[Edited later: I have "Activate Last Created Thought" checked for all brains]

What does PB development team intend to happen for "Paste Web Link" (in the plex) when "Active Last Created Thought" is checked?

I would like this setting to apply to "Paste Web Link" (in the plex) as this is how I create most new thoughts.

(diatribe-free posting made possible in part by Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper)

Darkstar
You did.

Select: Preferences
Select: UI tab
Check the Checkbox by: Activate last created thought (under section General User Interface)

It's a preference setting, and you could change it. Although, in the past at least, PB doesn't always perform as you'd expect.
-Darkstar
Cornan
Yes, I checked before starting this topic - both my 5.0 and 5.5 betas have the option checked, just that nothing happens for Paste Web Link (in the plex, not "Paste Web Link" in the Properties).

I think I'll also edit the initial posting...

zenrain
Yes, this is annoying, and has been an issue since 5.0. Thoughts created by dragging hyperlinks or files into the plex aren't activated if that preference is set.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
dyslucksia
When dragging & dropping a favicon from browser to Plex, the new thought created (as a child of the currently active thought) is NOT activated, even though the option to do so is checked.

I would like the newly created thought to be activated, enabling me to add notes, etc.

If I create another child by dragging a link from the child gate, the new thought is activated OK. It's only when the new child is created by dragging and dropping its favicon onto the plex that it's not.

Agree with darkstar, this has been a problem for a long time and never fixed.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Moe
FYI, Activate last created is designed for when thoughts are created manually, not via drag and drop .

Best regards,
Moe
Darkstar

But the users don't know what was intended when the "activate last created thought" feature was created. We only know that when we create a thought, it isn't always activated. There isn't any APPARENT reason a drag and drog created thought is different from a manually created thought. So that would have been nice to know since--- humm--- version 4?

-Darkstar
pshanks
Well if we go and check out the rule book (PB 5 User Guide) page 50

It states:
Activate last created Thought:  A newly-created Thought automatically becomes the active Thought.

It doesn't say anything about the thought being created manually or via drag and drop.

I thought, a thought was a thought no matter what you thought (no pun intended).

I would like to see a newly created thought (no matter how it's created) become the active thought.

Cornan
Sorry, Moe,

I really did think it worked for "Paste Web Link" on one or two of the 5.5 betas .

As I create most thoughts with "Paste Web Link" (not drag-and-drop, and not the other way), this would still be more than a little useful, but I guess not a 5.5 issue.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software