sdbpastor
I am a pastor of a small church in Wisconsin and am wondering if anyone is using TheBrain in ministry related work and how. Examples or samples would be great to get my creative juices flowing.

Thanks,
Michael
ruebel
I am a believer/preacher/teacher who is using the brain for scripture study, memorization, sermon records, etc.

I can help in any way i can.

Let me know if you are interested.

Lord Bless,
R
Ron J
sdbpastor
Ruebel,

Thanks for the quick response. Since I have never used a program like this before, I am looking for examples or specific ways that I might use it for sermon and bible study research and preperation as well as other areas of pastoral ministry.

Basically, not sure how or where to get started in an efficient, usefl and prodctive way.

Michael
jostber
Here is a thread on using PersonalBrain for the Bible:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2698496

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
Ahmed
We have many churches using PersonalBrain for organizing, so you are certainly in good company.

Let's throw around a few ideas here. Say you were to give a sermon on the nature of atonement, and perhaps the history of atonement in regards to earlier covenants (or present covenants depending on your view).

We could map out the essential nature of Christian atonement, whether you believe that to be for all, or if you are reformed, limited atonement. From whichever perspective you take, you decide to choose passages that emphasize it, and then under those passages areas you can go to, or parallels to the believer's life, or present-day society. I may choose to emphasize the believer's free will in becoming atoned, and may even quote theologians of the older church. Afterwards, I'm going to want to show how in our everyday life, our actions can reflect our atonement through God.

Why don't you give us an idea for a sermon and we can explore what we can do with it?

Thanks,
Ahmed
ruebel
Ahmed,
Smart stuff. I see what you are picturing. Here is an example: Given a Sermon or nodes on Matthew 5. There are differing interpretations of this passage, perhaps designated as Dispensational views, covenantal views, and New Covenant Views. Perhaps I could use a combination of Link Type Colors/thickness, to mark each node a color (or combo of colors if there is overlap (i.e. red = dispensational, yellow= New Covenant, Orange (being a blend of the two)) = Both Dispensational and New Covenant  . So orange would be used when a verse's interpretation is agreed upon by two sides.  Do you know what I mean?
It's a start anyway. What else you got?

Thanks.
Ron J
Ahmed
Well, everything I got is mostly an extension of that idea. So I think from there on you could think of many directions to take these techniques in.
Thanks,
Ahmed

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software