cd

Hi,

there seems to be a problem with PB5 startup script under my configuration as it doesn't recognize xcompmgr running under openbox with gdm. This is a slightly customized crunchbang ubuntu-based linux running on a Samsung NC10 subnotebook.

Starting PB results in gray windows.

Adding AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit to /etc/environment doesn't solve all issues, though some:

The app starts fine but most popup windows (child/jump/parent creation, search window/ ...) are either grayed out or too big, mostly in the upper left hand corner.

Looks to me like the standard AWT_Toolkit issue with Java under Linux. I guess the startup-script could check for other eye-candy than just compiz? (Xcompmgr is a lightweight eye candy transparency/... app and openbox a very lightweight window mgr)

Unfortunately, I can't test if the workaround from http://www.zend.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=4855#msg_4465  for compiz would solve the problem as xcompmgr doesn't seem to have such an option(?).

I have disabled xcompmgr & MToolkit for the time being.

Greetings and thanks looking into this and for the new features. 

Cheers
cd

[EDIT]

Adding

_JAVA_OPTIONS='-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=lcd -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -Dawt.toolkit=sun.awt.motif.MToolkit'

to .bashrc solves most Java-related issues. And if nothing else helps, adding window-decorations solves the issues.

[/EDIT]

BTW: My most wanted features: 

- mail2brain import (subject = parent thought: child; text=note e.g. would suffice me) DONE THAT MYSELF
- mobile support w/ synchronization, AT LEAST: live calendar import/export of some sort!
- mass renaming of thoughts: add/ delete some part of multiple thought names (handy when working with lots of ", thoughts")

-- 9.0.250.0 (9.0.250.0) on Mac OS X 10.12.6
   Old enough to remember Natrificial times...
dyslucksia
Hi cd welcome to the forum

Quote:
mass renaming of thoughts: add/ delete some part of multiple thought names (handy when working with lots of ", thoughts")

I really do wish they'd give this feature priority.

Sorry I can't help you much with your other problems - my OS is Windows, but there's a good chance others may be able to.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software