Cornan
When I connect to PersonalBrain 5.5.2.4 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit from a [Windows] Remote Desktop Connection running on Windows Vista Ultimate (where both computers are on the same desk), CPU usage on the Vista box jumps dramatically (the CPU fan speeds up!) and response is extremely slow.

I'm wondering if this is a known problem and if it has any resolution.

To be completely clear, PersonalBrain is running on the Windows 7 box, and Remote Desktop is running on the Vista machine.

With one 64 bit machine, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Java all in the mix, I can imagine any number of incompatibilities.

I should note that response time is slow even when the plex is not doing its dance; simply typing letters into a thought's Notes evokes a 1970s sci-fi film with text painting letter by letter (except... slower).

As long as the PersonalBrain window is showing in the Remote Desktop window, CPU usage is high on the Vista machine; minimizing PersonalBrain (but leaving Remote Desktop running) immediately lets the CPU breathe and other programs can be accessed at a normal speed.

Thanks for any suggestions!

P.S. I accidentally posted this earlier this week on the WebBrain Issues forum - I'm going over there to delete it now.

jostber
Have you checked with UltraVnc as well to see if there is a difference in the performance? Remote Desktop can be a resource hog with incompatible drivers.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
labische
UltraVNC works great for me
Win7 64 bit local - WinXP  laptop
once configured the lag is the network-not the machine
May I also suggest Team Viewer
simple to set-up - easy to navigate

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software