Spacenexus
When the API is released, let's work up a macro capability for the user to create automated advanced PB edit and retrieval routines. Essentially building on the selection function as a multistep capability.

I have certain selections of thoughts with a few dozen child thoughts and i'd like to make an identical edit to each of the child thoughts, specifically the addition of a word at the front. Crawling and selecting the child thoughts and then engaging a custom macro routine would allow for this kind of group editing.

One example of advanced retrieval might be a targeted wander of all thoughts with outstanding calendar actions upon startup.

Any thoughts on usefulness / viability?

cheers

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
Netsaver
I already asked in an other post to add some automation capabilities in order to implement new thought structures with few commands.
This could be useful to:

- batch renaming of groups of thoughts (as also you were asking for)
- add similar groups of childrens to different thoughts (based on parent's label) or copying structures from a parent to another.
- couple thoughts together (there was an other post asking for the creation of thoughts got from the crossing of a group of thoughts from parent A and a group from parent B)

... what else??
...there are many other logic operations that could be automatized on thoughts, anyway new suggestions could be useful to define a set of commands to be implemented in the API

Regards,
Is this your house?
I'm Wiston Wolf, I solve problems.
Steeph
I've created a new suggestion at the uservoice site.

Feel free to add more suggestions than the few I've described there.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software