JHS87
It is rather annoying that you have to download and install the standard version of PB before you are able to download the version with indexing service. Why not make indexing service availible as an installation option instead of having two seperate installations? Or at least make both versions availible from the download page.
Darkstar
Once we have the indexing library version installed, we are able to just download the newer standard versions and install those on top of the index version. The indexer portion of PB doesn't change/get updated as often, so the "index" install version is just putting on the same index libraries as the older versions--- most of the time.

Personally, I always do the deinstall and then the double install on the first machine I upgrade, to make sure I have the latest index service installer. This allows me to just install the indexing version on my second machine and and reinstalls (due to rebuilding of the hard drive or machine upgrades or replacements).
-Darkstar
JHS87
Thanks for the tip. I didn´t knew it worked that way.. Still i don´t see the logic in having two different versions.
mcaton
Also, the indexing version contains features that are only available to registered Core and Pro users.  As Darkstar mentioned, you'll only need to download it once, subsequent downloads can be done right from the main download page.

If you ever need to re-install the application - you can go right to the Indexing Libraries version, without installing the version from the download page first.  So keep track of that URL

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
FYI, the reason it works this way is due to licensing restrictions in the third party libraries that do the text conversions. If not for those, there would only be one installer.
Regards,
-Harlan
JHS87
Harlan:
Thanks for the explenation. Do you recommend uninstalling the old version before upgrading to a new one or is it okay to just reinstall (overwrite i guess?) the old installation?

Harlan
No need to uninstall. Just run the installer and it will default to updating your prior install.
Regards,
-Harlan
jsw_nz
OK - I need some help here...

I have been running PB Core for some time (5.0.2.3)
I checked for updates
Downloaded the newest 5.0.3.0

Problem after install
Indexing Library version is not being registered automatically

In other words i tried just about everything to get it to work
- installed on top, double installed - standard, then _lib version
- uninstalled everything - then double installed

In every case the boot says that indexing library version needs to be installed - even though it is already installed

Personal Brain is installed in:my deisgnated directory;
personalBrain5030_FULL
Personal Brain (_Lib) version was installed in this same directory
personalBrain5030_FULL

my bin directory filter title is filterx,
not filter as discussed in other threadslooks like this

Another problem
If I quit Persoanl Brain and then reboot it
it does not boot - these are all serious problems

So needing real assistance here

Please Advise - I need PB for my day to day work.

John W.

jsw_nz
Cheers Dyslucksia

From what I gather there is no link to this file....?
At least the website has links to the 5030 version not 5031

Guessing the link is somewhere else ??
forgive my mistake - if I have made one

all best
john
Moe

Hi Guys, Yes, the indexing lib issue was fixed in the 5.0.3.1 Test release. Currently we have a new Test release 5.0.3.2. All Test releases can be found via our downloads page http://www.thebrain.com/download under the heading "Test and Beta Releases".

@jsw_nz, can you install the latest Test release and see if that resolves your indexing lib issue as well as the other issue you are experiencing. If you still experience difficulties please email us at support@thebrain.com and I will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Moe

jsw_nz
Thanks very much Moe for you assistance - found the link - so will download and test the new version - I know this has been discussed at the top of this thread - but it would be nice to be able to have just one download - with the _lib available for registered users - as it is.. will do the double download - in any event - cheers and thanks

-j-

fbellami
I had the same bug, and I have downloaded this file : http://assets.thebrain.com/downloads/PersonalBrain_windows_5_0_3_2_lib.exe... and now it works fine and  the attachments are all well indexed.

Darkstar

But that doesn't give you the "Pro" link. You have to install the "non-indexing" version, then go get the indexing version. Double downloading for a version update sucks.

-Darkstar
mcaton
We simply can't give out the download for PB with indexing to non-registered users.  You have to register for this feature. 

You'll only have to download and install the indexing version once, after that, you can install future updates directly from the web site and you will still have indexing capabilities.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software