Peter_Sanders
Hi

I have read through the "Running PersonalBrain from a USB Drive" topic.

I have installed PB on a USB memory stick and it does run (from the memory stick) using the JRE installed on the pc.

I installed Freemind, a Java based mind mapping program similar to PB. The installation process of Freemind also downloaded and installed the JRE on the memory stick. This allows Freemind to run "self contained" on the memory stick.

I would prefer to run PB "self contained" om the memory stick, using the newly installed memory stick JRE. At the moment I get an error message...

"No JVM could be found on your system.
Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from http://www.java.com"

Of course, I cannot define a pc environment variable on the pc as I need to be able to use the memory stick and PB on different pcs.

How do I associate the existing (previously installed JRE used by Freemind) with PB.

If  can fix this, I can remove freemind and use PB (yay!).

Thank you

Kind regards

Peter

Kind Regards

Peter Sanders
Moe
Hi Peter, Have a look at this thread . It looks like other PB users have got this working previously.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software