bookeater
Hi
I come across this problem 3-6 times every day for some months now. As usually I move along my thoughts for quite some time and then I start to notice first delay and later an almost halt of PB.
I noticed that the quicker I jump the quicker internal memory fills up and eventually shows 188mb used/ 2mb free. It my regain up to 9 mb free again but it's not enough for any decent work anyhow. Then the only solution is to close PB and restart it again - then I can enjoy another hour or so of seamless surfing across my brain

I have latest java 6 update 18
PB: 5.5.2.3
Windows 7
brain contains about 6000 thoughts and many of them have at least one png/jpg icon (of average size 170kb) and internal notes with lots of a highlighted text.
Is any way of increasing internal memory form what it seems is 200mb to something higher? Or is there any other solution to this problem?
Thanks

mcaton
Bookeater,

First, we'd like to take a look at your output.log files.  Can you please send us a copy once you experience the dalay of the application?

Thank you,
Matt
bookeater
Thank you I will do that. Only if someone could me point or show me the folder path to this file. Whatever phrase I use but mostly 'output.log' my windows doesn't bring anything up during the search. Sorry for asking for such obvious thing but I just can't find it...
Jan

Moe
bookeater, Thanks for posting. You can find the output.log file in the "Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder on your system.

Thanks,
Moe

bookeater
I'm very embarrassed again but I can't find it there. Could you check this attached a snap of my PB folder? Is it the right one?
Thanks
Jan

Click image for larger version - Name: Capture.JPG, Views: 174, Size: 46.41 KB
Moe
Jan,

Yes, that is the correct folder. Can you try running PB as administrator to see if the output.log is generated on your next session. Please see below for instructions on how to do this.

1. Right click "PersonalBrain.exe" in your PersonalBrain folder then select Properties.
  2. Select the compatibility tab.
  3. Check off the option, "Run this program as an administrator" then hit OK.
  4. Start PB.

Thanks,
Moe

bookeater
Thanks Moe it did the trick nicely. Now I will wait for the glitch to show up
Wonder why PB wasn't run as administrator to start with. Out of curiosity I wonder if there is any setting in windows which would let me to run all programs as administrator by default?
Thanks
Jan

bookeater
Hi
This time I have got the log file right after I run out of the memory and my brain ceased to follow any command but to shut down though.

Moe
Jan, Thank you for posting. Your log file has been forwarded to our engineers for an analysis of the problem. As soon as it has been thoroughly analyzed, I will inform you what might be the cause and what next actions need to be taken to correct the problem.

Thanks,
Moe

bookeater
Hi I'm not pretty sure if this is would be the right thread for continuation. Nonetheless since moving to PB6 beta I experience less of running out of memory. Unfortunately it still occurs more often as I hoped for in PB6.

I have received a lot of support from Moe already on this issue, but I'm still wondering if I could count on some advice here.
Thanks

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software