dlorde Show full post »
FransJehoul
Good Afternoon,

I have this problem too.
I used different tools in the Utitlities in the File menu and this did n't help.
The problem with the progress bar still exists.

When will these bugs  be solved?

Regards
Moe
Up until now we have only received two Brains from users which have run into the issue where Thought notes and attachments appear on wrong Thoughts. We have made progress on the issue as to what the problem is, but have not been able to track down what may have caused the issue to occur initially. In order to track down the issue we need other users who are running into this issue to send in a zip file containing their .brain file and _brain folder as it will provide a larger data set which will help us to track down the issue. Please do not send us a Brainzip but manually compress the .brain file and _brain folder and send that to us. If your zip file is to large to send via email, please write into support (support@thebrain.com) and we will provide you with a location to upload your Brain to.

Regarding the issue where the progress bar appears and cannot be closed when adding an attachment or deleting an attachment in certain cases, our developers have fixed the issue so the fix will be available in an upcoming release of PB.

Thanks,
Moe
FransJehoul

Good morning moe,

I think that not the wrong attachments are showed but that we see the attachments of the previous thought which did show his own attachments. Attachment pane not refreshed.
My brain is > 18 Gbyte, a little big for uploading.

Regards,

Frans

Moe
Hi Frans, Thank You for following up. The issue you describe is different then the issues which have been reported in this thread. Please reproduce the issue where the Thought (tool) is not being updated with your current list of attachments (which shows the previous Thoughts attachments) then forward us a copy of your output.log file to (support@thebrain.com) with a reference to your post. The log file may contain further information as to what might be causing the issue so that we can further assist.

Thanks,
Moe
zenrain
Just adding that I'm experiencing the Sam corruption with attachments as reported on this thread. I've got an open ticket with support, and have made available a copy of my Brainzip.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
Some additional information I sent support on this issue:
  • At least in my case, restoring from brainzips or rebuilding the database makes this issue much worse. If you are experiencing this issue, I'd advise you to use a file compression utility to make your backups, not Brainzips.
  • This issue shows in brainzips going back to January, which leads me to believe it wasn't caused by 6.0.6.4.
  • Restoring back to a prior version (I tested 6.0.6.1) has the same behavior (so it seems to be a database issue, not a software display issue).
I have included the following questions in my support ticket (#8646):

• Is there a fix for this after it has occurred in a database (data recovery)?
  • If there isn’t a fix, is there a way to identify the thoughts affected?
  • Will the issue that allowed this to occur be resolved soon?
  • Do you know if it’s a 6.0.6.4 issue or a syncing issue?
  • How deep does the corruption go? Is it just the attachments, or is it in the thought data itself?
I'll report back when I receive a reply.

Additional information -
Notes can be swapped between thoughts that have this issue, or completely overwritten.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Spacenexus
May I ask if those experience this unfortunate issue have been syncing via webbrain at all?

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
jroeterd

No, if have it also but have not been synching tot Webbrain ...

Jeroen

richramos

The original issue posted by dlorde sounds very similar to an issue I had back in Nov. 

Symptoms were:
o orphaned thoughts 
o file attachments not showing up
o when attaching a file/url some other completely random attachment would show up instead.

This was all captured in a support ticket with TheBrain, not in the forums (I will attach below).

The solution then was, (not saying to try this without instructions from thebrain support), to do the "File > Utilities > Repair Orphaned Attachments", which did more than just repair orphans.

Again, the symptoms sound very similar, but may not be exactly the same (I didn't have the notes problem), so I'd wait to see what support has to say.

-Rich

------------------------- Support Thread -------------------

Harlan, Nov 04 13:52 (PDT):

Great. Thanks for the screenshot.

Rich Ramos, Nov 04 08:44 (PDT):

All repairs completed (see attached).

It seems to have fixed all the corrupted attachments that I was aware of.

Thanks for the quick fix and close attention to this issue, it's very much appreciated!

-Rich Ramos

Attachment(s)
Repairs Report Screen shot 2010-11-04 at 8.12.12 AM.png

Harlan, Nov 04 06:35 (PDT):

Rich,

Please download PersonalBrain 6.0.5.6. Open your Brain and select File > Utilities > Repair Orphaned Attachments. This will correct problems that happened (such as the wrong attachment getting added) in your brain's database.

This new release should prevent any further problems in the future.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Regards,
-Harlan

Harlan, Nov 03 19:43 (PDT):

Hi Rich,

We have replicated a possibly related issue in house (failing to add attachments) and are working on a fix. Hopefully this fix will also address your current issue. If it does not, could you send a .zip of the content of your _brain\brain_db folder?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Regards,
-Harlan

Rich Ramos, Nov 03 13:18 (PDT):

More data...
I'm not sure why, but things have gotten worse. My brain has gotten to the point that EVERY TIME I attach something to a thought the attachment gets corrupted with another entry from another thought.

Rich Ramos, Nov 02 11:42 (PDT):

I caught it happening. See attach for logs and notes (read note attached to thought).

Note this doesn't happen every time I do the control-shift-drag-drop, only occasionally.

-Rich

Attachment(s)
Screen shot 2010-11-02 at 11.37.11 AM.png
Corrupted Attachment output.log
Log Excerpt.rtf

Rich Ramos, Nov 02 11:19 (PDT):

More info...

I think the attachments get in this "limbo" state when I've attached them by doing a drag & drop while holding the "control-shift" key to move the file into the brain.

Matt, Nov 02 08:32 (PDT):

Rich,

Thank you for upgrading to 6.0.5.5 and sending this in. I'll forward this on to our engineers for review.

Thank you,
Matt Caton
TheBrain Technologies

Rich Ramos, Nov 02 07:27 (PDT):

At least one issue is still persisting...
#2) File Attachments that do not show up in the thought

I've attached the latest log file.

Attachment(s)
output.log

Rich Ramos, Nov 01 13:58 (PDT):

I have also confirmed that I'm having the orphaned thoughts issue as well.

So to summarize, I've run into:
1) Orphaned Thoughts
2) File Attachments that do not show up in the thought
3) SLOW performance

It would be very helpful if we could at least get an assessment of the issue so I could know if I need to go to backups because of the data corruption problems.

Rich Ramos, Nov 01 09:15 (PDT):

Almost forgot another important issue, there are files that are attached to the thought that are not showing up in the Thought windows.

Attachment(s)
Screen shot 2010-11-01 at 9.14.29 AM.png

Rich Ramos, Nov 01 08:31 (PDT):

This is a continuation of ticker #4085, which isn't associated with this account.

I've now had this problem two or three times in the past couple days.

I can't tell what actually triggers it, but once it starts happening I see a bunch of these kinds of messages in the log file:
******** CDB time: postprocessSQL 799 - 0,799
INSERT INTO ModificationLog (brainId, objectType, objectId, eventType, dateTime, userId) VALUES (1, 1, 20956, 1, '2010-11-01 08:13:12.361', 1)

The performance of PB slows to a crawl.
I try to quit, but PB just hangs with a stream of these messages:
Timeout while notifying BrainChangeListeners of close.

I have to then force quit the application.

-Rich

Attachment(s)
2010 11 01output.log
2010 10 30 0928 hang_output.log

mcaton
Rich,

Thank you for posting and sharing the fix which resolved your issue.  There are actually 2 separate issues in play here.  One that was resolved with the new "Repair Orphaned Attachments" utility, and one (that dlorde is experiencing) that is actually a more complex issue in the database.  Yes, they do sound extremely similar, but we've reviewed a few sample BrainZips now and have discovered that they are indeed separate. Our engineers are actively working on a fix for this database issue. Stay tuned and I hope to have good news on a resolution for this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Matt
mdlynam
How pervasive is this corruption?  Is it only happening in large brains with thousands of thoughts & attachments?  I'm using PB with my dissertation, and, being anxious by nature, would like to know if I should 'be cool', 'worry, but it'll be ok', 'panic'.

Thanks./mark/

Moe
For all who are following this thread please see the following post for an update on the corruption issue.

Thanks,
Moe

FransJehoul
Good Evening,

My problem is also solved.

Thanks
Good job!

Regards,

Frans
dlorde
Aha - So the problem has been fixed and there are tools available to correct it?

Good - I have two PB databases still needing major correction works from this bug.

How do I get the tools to fix them?
NorthFarm
Apparently you have to send a copy of your "brain" to support to get it fixed. See this thread: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=5167421&trail=30#25
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 9.1.9 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_151

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software