dlorde Show full post »
dlorde
Thanks NorthFarm - it's not really very clear, is it? 

I was hoping they'd get in touch with me, as the OP, but I guess they've moved on.

Too late for one database - I tried to 'Repair Orphaned Attachments' and ended up with 241 attachments stuck to my root thought. The 'Undo' button only undoes one at a time. You'd think a single menu action like that would have a single Undo command, but no... 

mcaton
Our engineers are now working on adding these repair tools into an upcoming release of PersonalBrain.

Thank you,
Matt
gt2847c

So has the problem that caused this corruption corrected in 6.0.7.0?  If we've been lucky and not run into this problem so far, are we ok?

mcaton
David,

The problem was due to a bug in release 6.0.5.4 from October 29, 2010, which was fixed in 6.0.5.6, six days later. Unfortunately, the problems that this bug caused in the database were not all evident at that time, but we have developed tools to correct these problems in the rare cases that they do appear.  These new tools will be included in an upcoming release.

Thank you,
Matt
Templay
All my pins just vanished. 

I am running 6.0.7.1 on Mac OSX, java 1.6.0_26
Yannick
BrentK
Templay wrote:
All my pins just vanished. 

I am running 6.0.7.1 on Mac OSX, java 1.6.0_26

Templay, when I experienced this issue, Support told me that there's a known bug that causes pins to disappear when you change themes in PB.  The removal isn't immediate -- you would need to close/open PB.  Just thought I'd mention this in case you've switched themes.

Brent
Moe
Templay, Brent is correct. We are currently aware of an issue where pins are lost after switching themes then closing and re-opening a Brain. We'll be releasing a patch to correct this in a future build of PB.

On a side note, for those who are following this post (to avoid confusion),  I want to mention the pins issue has nothing to do with the original topic of this thread.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software