stepoliv
Real newbie here ... just purchased PB. Running Mac OSX 10.5.8 on a MacPro. Thought I would start with the latest beta of 5.5 as it seems this will soon be the official release version.

Trouble is that each time the app is launched, it shows its info badge and then a grey background window but then soon afterwards it fails to launch. It does not hang on start up. The apps starts to launch but then just quits. If I am persistent, it will succeed in launching every 4-5 attempts.

What am I doing wrong? Have all the latest system updates and patches installed. Any help would be appreciated.
zenrain
If you haven't already, try rebooting.
If you have, try deleting PB and re-installing.
If that doesn't work, after starting it and it failing, see if an output.log is created.
You can find it by right clicking the PersonalBrain.app in your Applications folder and choose Show Package Contents. It is stored in /PersonalBrain.app/Contents/Resouces/app.
If there is a log file, e-mail it to support. If there isn't, you may want to contact them anyway.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
stepoliv
Thanks so much for the suggestions zenrain. Will try this later tonight when home. Hopefully with the new .9 version released today, some of my problems will disappear. If not, the .log file hopefully will point to some solutions.
stepoliv
Any one else out there on a Mac having this failure to launch problem? As zenrain suggested, I've submitted my output.log to support but it shows no problems. Are there any known application conflicts - things that cannot be running at same time as trying to launch PB?
Moe
stepoliv, I have sent you further instructions to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the outlined instructions, if you still experience the issue please send us a new copy of your output.log file.

Thanks,
Moe
stepoliv
For others out there who might be having this problem, I discovered that changing the settings in Java Preferences to <J2SE 5.0  64-bit> in both areas solved my issue of PB not launching properly. Special thanks to zenrain and moe for their help.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software