tcarternyc
Hi all,

I work on a MacOS 10.5.6. I was just working with the PB 5.0.2.8.

What happened?

I created a Virtual Thought (by accident - I was trying to simply add the files to the brain and didn't want to create an actual link to the folder)
I highlighted the Virtual Thought and selected the attachments
I created a new Thought (not virtual this time)
I changed the focus to the new thought and pasted the attachments
PB froze for a while and then I tried Cmd-Q (the equivalent of telling the app to quit)
I removed the original folder that the virtual thought was based on

What happens now?
PB splash screen loads (I will leave it on overnight to see if anything else happens and put the folder back)

What I would like?
I want my PB back either in its current condition or before I screwed up.

Not sure if a time recovery is available in PB but maybe it should be (unless its in there already)

Please pass along any suggestions - love the brain.

Thanks,
Tommie Carter

Have a little fun each day.
jostber
Can you try to force a restore from backup:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/show_single_post?pid=28165667&postcount=13

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
tcarternyc
Hi all,

I tried renaming the brain_db folder same results. I also looked in my Application folder and noticed a BrokenFiles.dat file and output.log file (both zipped and attached). PB did not open when I renamed the folder so I shut it down again and would like more suggestions. I renamed the folder back to its original at this point.

Still no brain...

tc

jostber
Could you try to install the new version 5030?

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
tcarternyc
Hi all,

That last item worked!

Back in Business with the PB. Yes!

Thanks!

tc

zenrain
I believe this is the issue where you delete a thought and for some reason PB decides it would be fun to delete some program files as well. 

It's been reported a few times, and fixed, but it looks like it's still lurking.

You may want to go into your _brain database folder, and into the trash. I'm guessing you will find some program files. You should be able to delete them since you re-installed.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software