ThorstenZ
Hi there,

I've just a problem wich occurs in the Version PB5.
I create a Link from a thought to a virtual thought as a jump. If I activate the thought the link and the virtual thought is displayed. If I activate the virtual thought, the linked thought disappears and is not displayed as a jump-link from the virtual thought to the thought.

Rebuilding the database leads to another unexpetect behaviour.
Again I'm activating the thought with the jump-link to the virtual thought. In this case the name of the virtual thought has been cutted to a length of 7 characters. Activating the virtual thought leads to the result, that the folder cannot be accessed and does no longer exist.
This is because the location string has been cutted to a length of 113 characters.

Hope you can fix this in a upcoming Release.

Kind regards,
Thorsten

Moe
ThorstenZ, Thanks for the post. I was able to replicate the disappearing link, but was not able to replicate the truncated Virtual Thought name which you experienced after a database rebuild.  I am wondering could it be that somehow the name of the folder was changed or it was moved to another location, this would result in "This folder cannot be accessed or no longer exists" error message. Anyhow, we will look into this further.

Thanks again,
Moe
ThorstenZ
Hi Moe,

here some additional informations:

Normal display when all is ok:
See file virt-thought-ok

Rebuild databse:
See file virt-thought-rebuild

reconnecting the original folder:
See file virt-thought-reconnect

The file location is the following:
D:\Documents and Settings\zoellt\My Documents\Daten\entory\Sub-Unit-CBC\Management\Ressourcen\Mitarbeiter\E2-TZ-Hennlein, Klaus

I just tested a shorter file location - in this case it works fine. So I believe if you want to recreate this error your linked virtual thought must be stored in a file location in a deep folder structure. Just as I told in my previous posting - the file location seems to be truncated.

Just try it and tell if you can reproduce the behaviour of my Brain.

Kind regards,
Thorsten

Click image for larger version - Name: virt-thought-ok.jpg, Views: 68, Size: 29.26 KB Click image for larger version - Name: virt-thought-rebuild.jpg, Views: 67, Size: 24.11 KB
Click image for larger version - Name: virt-thought-reconnect.jpg, Views: 68, Size: 27.15 KB
ThorstenZ
Hi again,

currently using pb 5.0.2.3 on windows xp.

-tz-
Moe
Thanks ThorstenZ, regarding disappearing link I have notified our engineers. I will test your findings regarding truncated Virtual Thought name and see if I can reproduce this. Thanks again for your detailed explanation.

Best regards,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software