cheezenip
Hello,

I just bought PB5 a few days ago and have absolutely fell in love with the program. One newbie question (at least for now), In order to save some money, I have been using XMind over MindManager as a mind mapping software tool to complement PersonalBrain.

Does PersonalBrain have a way to import XMind files like they do for Mind Manager? If so, I must be missiing the obious way to do this although I have been getting very little sleep lately playing around with PB.

bfisher
If XMind can export in an outline format (with tabs), PB can import easily.  I use MindVisualizer and it does it nicely for me.

In addition, I keep most of my mind maps as-is and link to them from PB.  PB is excellent at many things... mind mapping is not one of them (just my personal opinion).
BrainyBill
Try it, see if it works. I use Free Mind and have had no problems importing.

Bill

Dryopithecus
In XMind, select a topic, press Ctrl-C, then go to PB, Edit > Paste Outline.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software