robertg
I work a lot with PDF files and always appreciated that I could display page thumbnails and the table of contents (for those PDF that do have an electronic table of content) in a sidebar with a transparent background, so that the pdf itself was still visible underneath.

However, the icon which used to activate the table of content is now gone. Did the developers remove it intentionally? It is now very hard to find things in long documents.

The page thumbnail sidebar is still there but has a bug: for every other pdf I checked so far, only the first 4-7 pages of the pdf are shown as thumbnails. The rest of the thumbnails are missing.

Version 11.0.57.0 for Mac
metta
DavidGretzschel
@robertg
Thumbnails show fine for me, even for pages >7.
Pictured here is the TB11 manual.
Pasted Image.png 
http://assets.thebrain.com/documents/TheBrain11/TheBrain11-UserGuide-02.pdf

I don't know those other features, that you mentioned. TB11 is my first version. Click image for larger version - Name: Pasted Image.png, Views: 39, Size: 465.84 KB
mcaton
We've been unable to replicate and all thumbnails in the PDF's we're testing are showing up fine.  Do you see this issue in more than one PDF?

Thank you,
Matt
andreas
Matt, 
I have the same problem. For most of my longer pdf's only the first couple thumbnails show up.
Here is a completely random pdf where in TB11 only pages 1-8 show up as thumbnails. Hope you see the same.
I am on Mac Catalina.
robertg
Hi, sorry I wasn't very clear.

This is about the Table of Content as you see in the screenshot below, from TB10. Why has this feature been removed? It was perfect. I cannot navigate long documents without it. 

The bug with the pages thumbnails being cut off after a few pages occurs with about 2 out of 10 PDFs. But I don't care about this bug, the thumbnails sidebar is not useful for very long documents anyways. Rather than fixing this bug, please bring the ToC sidebar back. Please 🙁
screenshot.png 
mcaton
Thank you both. I've been able to replicate the thumbnails not appearing past page 4.  Only seems to happen on macOS and (for me) is a bit inconsistent. I'll document for further review.  I'll also write up the drop down table of contents as a Feature Request.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software