jotapa
Hi Brain team,
just a couple of questions for you or the community:

- Is the PDF Preview capability working already on the Windows version (running TB v118)?

I don't see any option to activate the preview as I can see, for example, with a .PPT or .DOCX file.

- What file attachments are you indexing and making available to the search function?

Only files copied/moved to the brain or are you also indexing linked attachments?

Thanks!

Joao
mcaton
Joao,

Thank you for posting.  The preview feature has undergone many changes recently.  At one point, PDF files were the only attachments that could be previewed.  I can confirm that PDF previews are not currently functional. This is a known, high priority issue that our engineers are looking into.

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
TB9 can search inside internal attachments. It does not search external attachments. The file types that can be indexed are dependent on your OS. Anything that the OS can index will be searched by TB9 (this includes most common file formats built into the OS and 3rd party vendors can add support for own unusual formats through OS level APIs also, so this approach gives the widest possible coverage).

On macOS, PDFs are previewed. On Windows, PDFs are not currently previewed, but we are planning on enabling view of PDFs using a different approach in the near future.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Internal PDF previews on Windows is working in 9.0.121.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software