L1nda
I'm getting the following error in the preview area on a lot of my PDFs...

"An error occurred while loading the PDF.
PDF.js v1.4.20 (build: b15f335)

The PDF's are viewable normally, just not in the preview area.  It doesn't seem to matter whether the PDFs are linked or imported.

L1nda
Just adding some extra info...

Im on Mac OS Sierra.

PDF File Name: The New Lawyer - Ch 10 Self Management Skills (James & Field, 2013)
- When I link the file I get the error message.  
- When I import the file I get the error message.
- If I rename the file to "Ch 10" I still get the error when the file is linked but if I import the file into the brain the pdf is previewed correctly.  
- Using the option to move file out of brain created the error again.
- Renaming the internal file to the original file name and I get the error again.  

I seem to be able to re-create the above with other pdfs.  Though not all my PDF's are having this problem (just a lot of them).

Updated:

I seem to have found the problem...

Any File Name with an '&' in it doesn't preview (gets the error) - whether internally attached or linked. Also, if the file is linked, and any of the folders in it's path includes an '&' - it also won't preview (and gets the error).

mcaton
Replicated!  Thanks for posting and we'll document this issue for further review.

Thanks,
Matt
Kriggel23
Just got it with a "#" in filename (filetype: PDF). After removing the hash, the error came up no longer.

Kriggel23

mcaton
Christian,

Thanks for reporting.  I'll update the documentation on this issue.

Matt
mcaton
Both special characters are now fixed in 9.0.144.

Thanks,
Matt
mwassens
I'm still getting the following error in the preview area on my PDFs.

"An error occurred while loading the PDF.
PDF.js v1.4.20 (build: b15f335)

Filename pdf is AM.PDF so there are no special caracters in the file name.

Greetings
Mark Wassens

/\/\/\/
mcaton
Mark,

Can you please include both a screenshot (if possible) and a copy of your Output.log file after you see the error message?  Also, a copy of your AM.PDF file would be great too if you don't mind sharing.

Thank you,
Matt
mwassens
Matt,

Hereby the requested files.

Greetings

Mark Wassens

pdffout.JPG 
/\/\/\/
pthompson
Mark,

I've attached the PDF you provided in one of my Brains and cannot replicate any issue. Have you tried attaching this PDF in a different, new Brain? Does the same issue occur for you?
mwassens
I tried to create a new brain. 
But as of today the beta version of the brain 9 only works in free modus instead of pro modus. I dont no why this happend. Until yesterday i could use the beta in pro modus. I am not able to test you sugestion. Becaurse i can not make attachtments
I would like to upgrade to version 9 pro but without online service. Just like i did with version 8. 
This option is not yet available becource version 9 is not yet released.

Greetings
Mark

pb9.JPG 
/\/\/\/
mcaton
Mark,

We've documented your log files and will continue researching this issue.  Also, if you do purchase a new license of TheBrain 8 - or become an active subscriber to TheBrain Pro Combo, you'll receive a complimentary upgrade to TheBrain 9.

Thank you,
Matt
JasperToo
im having the exact same issue.   attached error log..
mcaton
Barry,

The issues mentioned above reference problems with previewing a PDF file. Your log file references not being able to locate a .doc file. Are you sure the error was generated when trying to preview a .pdf?

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software