Kriggel23
I've got a thought with a PDF attachment, size appr. 472 MB (yep: four seven two megabytes).
No preview possible, TB9 crashes each time it tries.

log ErrorReport_2016-12-14_13-28-04.log     

Kriggel23
zenrain
Until they either just put in logic to not try to preview excessively large files or resolve the cause (if possible, may be a memory limitation), as a workaround I would first create the thought, then add a note, then add the file to stop the preview/crash from occurring every time I accessed the thought.

Also, you can right-click the tab and choose Open without actually activating the Tab (and causing the crash). 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mcaton
Thanks Christian. Would you be interested in sharing the large PDF? (uploading to http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain )?  I'll try creating/replicating with my own too.

Zen - great work around tip!

Thanks for the log! I'll document this issue.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
This issue has been addressed in our latest build.  Attaching 100+ MB PDF files will not crash TheBrain, but files of this size will no longer preview within the app.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software