kbunders
Hi,

Right now, in terms of PB releases and improvements, I have no clue what is happening or what we could expect to come and when.

I would value periodic (each month?) updates from PB. Also a roadmap (where can we expect to be in 6 months? etc.) would be appreciated.

Who is with me?

Kind regards,

Koen

Not using TheBrain anymore. Switched to Roam Research.
twospoons
Sure it would be great to have something like this, but The Brain team really doesn't have any obligation to provide any of that information.  So far, it seems that The Brain team has been much more open and forthcoming than a lot of other companies that I have dealt with. 

If you really want to know more about the road map, post more about the features you want.  User demand will most likely influence the features that are built.
Wes
zenrain
I think Harlan has spoken to this several times, but I could only find one... sorry.

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2732373

In a nutshell, it's that they don't pre-announce features. This is the same stance adopted by most software companies, as it tips their hand to competition, and if something occurs to delay, or halt adding a pre-announced feature it usually results in a community uproar.

The main exception to this is companies releasing a new product, and generating excitement or confirming what additional features will be making it into a new release.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jostber
There is more information on the release program here:

http://www.thebrain.com/#-156

If you look at this page you will see that the small fix releases have been very frequent in the last year or so, about once or more a week.

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/mb/thebrain?forum=92430

The Beta releases that incorporate new functionality are less frequent, about 6 months(?) between each. User input is considered for each major release, and that is a great feature of PB.

It would be nice to get a hint sometimes if the Beta is coming up soon, or in 6 months though.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
Darkstar
Well, we've heard of a few bug fixes that should be in 5.1, and that 5.1 would be "soonish" (IIRC). But that soon has gotten longer then most, and I'm expecting it will be a regular "Beta", at this point.

Where PB is going after 5.1, no one but Harlan (and his team) knows. PB is a good tool, so I count my money well spent already. However, while they are paying attention to it, I certainly will point out things they should fix (bugs), and make a few suggestions on how to improve it further.
-Darkstar
jostber
Have you heard that it should be soonish or just that it is coming?
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
zenrain
I do recall Harlan saying soon. What soon translates to? Dunno. Earlier than later?
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software