HeinrichUnger

I am not sure, and because of extreme malfunction will not try again

After installing 7.0.1.8 on WIndows 7 x64. Windows7 does not work properly anymore. This means, that every action took mor tan 1000 times longer. E.g. copying a file of 1.7 GB to a network drive 9 hours. (did cause I guessed some problem with hardware). This was the day after I started Windows again.

After reseting WInodws7 to a reseting point before installing personal brain 7.0.1.8 systems works again.

svchost.exe was running several times (maby a hint)

Sorry for not having time investigating this issue.

BR

Heinrich

Knowledgehopper
Did you install anything else / opened any email attachment on the same PC as your PB install was on?
HeinrichUnger

Outlook was open for sure. I worked during the installation

zoner
Quote:
After installing 7.0.1.8 on WIndows 7 x64. Windows7 does not work properly anymore. This means, that every action took mor tan 1000 times longer. E.g. copying a file of 1.7 GB to a network drive 9 hours. (did cause I guessed some problem with hardware). This was the day after I started Windows again.

svchost.exe is is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries. The reason why you are seeing more then one instance of svchost.exe is because, if every single service ran under a single svchost instance, a failure in one of them would crash Windows. 

If you are seeing more instances then usual that might indicate a virus. Knowledgehopper has a point. I recommend running a full scan of your machine for (viruses, malware etc..). Some viurses/malware have been known to infect the svchost process.
HeinrichUnger

Hi zoner,

thank you - I do the scan too

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software